Quantcast

bring my dirtbike and or SXS to australia?

hey all gotta question for someone in the know. Wife and I are moving to Melbourne in 2019. (ya a bit off) but im doing research as to bringing things with me and what the cost is vs buy in melbourne. I am keen to pick up a yxz1000 possibly this year and I have a crf but will be upgrading to a plated bike wr or ktm in the summer. is it worth bringing them with me or will the cost in duties and tax negate the value of buying in the US? 

are they that much more expensive in melbourne ? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 4:41 PM, sanddragon2004 said:

hey all gotta question for someone in the know. Wife and I are moving to Melbourne in 2019. (ya a bit off) but im doing research as to bringing things with me and what the cost is vs buy in melbourne. I am keen to pick up a yxz1000 possibly this year and I have a crf but will be upgrading to a plated bike wr or ktm in the summer. is it worth bringing them with me or will the cost in duties and tax negate the value of buying in the US? 

are they that much more expensive in melbourne ? 

I don't think there are many in the know unfortunately. Have you been able to get more information on this? You probably already seen this site: https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By afterburn
      From North Carolina here and glad to join this group.
    • By skittle021
      Anyone know where to buy an ECU for a 2018 Hisun Tactic 550? All I can find online are the UTV variants. 
    • By Mech
      View File 2022 Texron Tracker Off Road EViS service manual
      2022 Texron Tracker Off Road EViS Service Manual with wiring diagrams.
      Submitter Mech Submitted 11/30/2023 Category Textron Off Road UTV