Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Darren Phelps

2017 Arctic Cat 500 Battery Issue P0562

Hi Everyone, 

First time poster.

I have a 2017 Arctic cat that Flashes a P0562 error code. I charged the battery thinking it was caused by running the Winch too much while plowing and being stored outside. 

However after the battery was charged it seem to run fine for about 45 minutes and started flashing it again. 

I tested the voltage on the battery while running and a good ATV read 18ish Volts while the bad one is reading 15V

It slowly keeps dropping while running. Once it starts flashing P0562 it will no longer start on its own. It will only keep clicking when you press the start button. 

I'm thinking this is a stator problem?

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! That is a low voltage code. Can you test the voltage coming from the stator? It could be that or there should be a voltage regulator that could be bad. It could be that the battery isn't holding a charge as well. I added the code to your topic title as part of your issue. 😁

image.thumb.png.00b6e833437c944f418834372596e6f4.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darren Phelps said:

I forgot to mention I've swapped batteries and the problem continues. Any idea how to check the voltage from the stator? 

I've never had to do it actually but I would imagine you need to find the plug or the wires going to it. There are a few videos on youtube. Start with looking to see what it may look like from a parts diagram and follow the wire up:

image.png.e1e93bf3d694ced354e5a59fe34d074e.png

• Like 1

An 18 volt reading is too high, normal is around 15 volts. Most likely cause is the regulator is bad.

Charging the battery at that voltage will damage it

Mike

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.