Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gary Patch

honda recon 2002 ignition

have ignition problem engine would not turn off now turn key ignition light comes on for split second and goes out any ideas please

So when you shut off the key the power doesn't get cut off? Sounds like a faulty ignition switch.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply but no power at all now checked fuses bypassed ignition and spliced wires but no life I'm baffled 

The battery is good? If you tested the battery and it's good, I would start checking wires and make sure you checked all fuses and found the main fuse. 

They should be under the seat in most cases. I'm leaning on a faulty ignition switch but without testing, it's hard to say. Looking at wiring diagram from the manual, you don't have an optional alarm unit do you?

1997 - 2004 Honda Recon TRX250 Wiring Diagram

Here's the manual

Thanks ajmboy that was my thought but tried hot wire to by pass ignition not that did find sticker telling me was not actually Honda recon but fourtrax rancher350 fm 2003 have just ordered new starter relay and amp meter 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JimandJacki Cariolano
      Hello to the group, I am working on a 96 timber wolf. Runs great until it gets good and warm then starts missing and puffs smoke and dies. Plug then is black and sooty. Clean plug and let it cool and then it runs fine again until it gets warm. Engine has decent compression, carb it clean. What am I missing?
    • By Venom
      Does anyone make aftermarket engine parts for the Suzuki Quadsport LT-Z50?
      Pistons, Valves, etc...?
      I have found rings and complete gasket sets.... I need an oversize piston kit and valves..
      One company is selling a piston, but upon further inspection it is an LT50 piston that they are saying is for the 2006 Suzuki Quadsport LT-Z50. Yet the LT50 Piston is not interchangeable with the LT-Z50 according to the pistons listed by Suzuki.
      Any help would be appreciated
    • By JacobSlabach
      Hey so i sold my 04 rubicon and wanted something new so i went to NC and bought a '13 scrambler 850XP LE EPS.  love it the only issues with it when i bought it were a leak in the front tire and the mice had chewed through one of the spark plug wires.  currently have a substitute hooking the chewed end to the ignition coil so itll run on both cylinders however im having an issue finding a replacement coil wire for it and was wondering if yall had any advice.  i need the longer of the two coil wires and i can only find the shorter one online.  will throw up some pics of it when i can
    • By Jeff Miller
      I'm trying to troubleshoot a starting issue. For a while, maybe a year sometimes I would hit the starter button and I'd hear a single loud click, but the starter wouldn't turn. Usually if I could pull the pull start or roll it in gear it would then start. (now I'm thinking that was coincidence) Now it only clicks. I tried to check what I could, battery is good, solenoid clicks strong, cleaned all connections (which were 80% clean anyway). I started thinking the starter wasn't spinning. I pulled it and it spins freely. The gear that it contacts in the engine-I can wiggle it maybe 1/16th to 1/8th inch back and forth. When I reinstall the starter I feel it jerk when I hit the button. I'm thinking maybe it's the starter clutch? It seems when there's a problem with them they usually just spin freely and don't engage at all. Is it possibly something is causing it to lock? I'm a bit lost now.
    • By schwartz10
      2011 Brute Force 750 I. Having an overheating issue. When fan sensor is unplugged by thermostat fan will run and cycle. When its unplugged it will not run and cycle. Need help. Really dont want to take to dealership.