Quantcast

Axle guards

Machine was never maintained properly before i got it so it needed new axles and i figured i should protect them as they were not cheap. Also needed other new front end parts all around so i built a small press and just did all 4 ball joints and the wheel bearings. Only tie rod ends left and going to swap out the steering column bushing and check that bearing before i can finally put it all back together and align it properly. Handy rig.

20180717_191227.jpg

• Like 1

Already did the rear bearings and replaced what was left (not much!) of the ancient stock muffler (Its a '97 TRX300FW). The old girl also got 4 new tires, a spark plug, her fluids changed and i got her tuned up (will most likely receive a carb kit as well) and the clutch and throttle adjusted. After i overhaul the brakes she should run another 20 years easy...

20180717_191756.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By adr94
      Hey,
      I am new to quads and I'd like to know more and be able to repair my BRUIN as much as I can.
      I bought a cheap YAMAHA because I know there is parts on the market and they can be repaired. 
      I hope I will learn a lot of things in this journey.
    • By DaveCargill68
      Looking to get my kids started, eldest is 8 and youngest 4, think it makes sense to hook them up with ATVs already? Or wait a few more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Mech
      View File 2022 Texron Tracker Off Road EViS service manual
      2022 Texron Tracker Off Road EViS Service Manual with wiring diagrams.
      Submitter Mech Submitted 11/30/2023 Category Textron Off Road UTV  
    • By 86096
      I have a 1985 Suzuki LT230 GE quadrunner.  It has been stored in a shed for at least the last 15 years and has very low mileage.  Although the tires look and feel great... should I consider changing them since they are 38 years old?  I don't intend to ride to far or too fast but I don't want to have to walk out of the bush.  Any input would be welcome.
    • By DannyB
      According to my manual I need 25/12/10 tires. I can't find them used. Can a 25/11/10 be put on without modifications? Or anyone know of where to get the tire size I need?