Quantcast

New member, New York

Hey All...

Tom D from the Hudson Valley region of NY (Orange County)

I'm 45 and started off-roading at the ripe old age of 44! :elvis:

Calendar-wise, I've been riding for about a year.....quad-wise, it's only about 60 hours....*gulp*

I'm a photographer on the side, and my "mentor" asked me one day if I wanted to go for a ride on his son's quad (250 Ozark SRA)......I jumped right on it, and within 3 weeks, I was a proud owner of a 2007 Kawi Brute Force 650i.

YIKES! Talk about torque!

Anyoo...

Hooked up with 2 local clubs and ride when I can.....

I didn't realize until about a week or so after I had the quad that NY is definitely NOT a quad friendly state!

I'll save the rant for the other sections of the forum :mad:

I'm more prone to flat-trail riding due to some "middle age BS" health issues, but working up to the technical stuff....

In any event, it's just great getting out on the quad and just running until my gas gauge reads "E"!!!!!

Hopefully I'll be posting up more!

Ciao for now!

Tom D

aka Slug Rider

:willy_nillyc:

Welcome aboard! :biggrin:

I'm based in lower New York, Westchester County.

Thanks!

I guess I'm right across the Bear Mtn bridge from you?

I'm in Highland Mills...have a friend in Cortland Manor....

Tom D

Welcome! Another fellow New Yorker!

:biggrin:

I ride mostly upstate when I can. Sometimes up around Amsterdam..

That's a bit of a hike for me.....I'm supposed to ride near Albany soon.....

Hmm...maybe if I win the lottery, I'd get NY to connect and legalize all the trails...

NOT!

Oh well....

Ride on, Garth!

Tom D

Thanks!

I guess I'm right across the Bear Mtn bridge from you?

I'm in Highland Mills...have a friend in Cortland Manor....

Tom D

Yep, that's not far. There's not much riding here at all anymore, I travel once in a while upstate also, or at least to Putnam County into Dutchess where there are ConEd Power Lines (Although, you are not really supposed to ride there).

Yep, that's not far. There's not much riding here at all anymore, I travel once in a while upstate also, or at least to Putnam County into Dutchess where there are ConEd Power Lines (Although, you are not really supposed to ride there).

We're not supposed to ride ANYWHERE....Grrrrrrrrrrrr

We do some power lines in Orange and Sullivan and I do some local stuff......

You riding enough?

If not, look into the Mud Buds and NY ATV......

NY ATV has a trail fee, but they do organize some trips to some of the parks out of state...they just got back from Glamis, heading out to Paiute in September, Hatfield-McCoy in June/July, maybe take a weekend at Allegheny and they do Lost Trails every so often....

We're also associated with Sullivan County ATV Association; they have the charity/poker runs which are "valid" as they get town and land owner permission....

Just some thoughts....

-TD