Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Shoogaze

Hello from Eastern WA

Greetings and salutations one and all.

I will be the first to admit, I have addiction. My wife tolerates it, and my children love it. I have been building motorcycles and ATV's, ATC's for about 20 years. My children learned how to ride on a 1974 Honda ATC 90 at the age of 3. I average 5-7 motorcycles running at our house at all times, and possibly 3-6 not running. I am more into the older bikes (1969 Honda ATC, 1974 Honda ATC, 1984 Honda Big Red ATC, 1985 Honda TRX 250, 1979 Honda XR 185, 1979 Suzuki TC 100) but recently I purchased a 2007 Suzuki Kingquad 700. Wife loves the Kingquad.

My 11 year old can tear down a engine and rebuild a carb without to much issue. He loves working in the shop with me, and riding. 6 year old just wants to ride.

Here is WA they are sticklers for having a ORV tag on each bike. And to get one you must have a title. You see now how much of a pain it is to get a title for these old motorcycles.

We do most of our riding on state and federal land while camping, so we get to make a good weekend out of it.

• Like 1

I agree with @George Henry , great intro and nice to see someone with so much love for the older ATVs and ATCs! I love king quads. I used to have a 2005 and it was great, but sold it when I got married. Thinking of going back to a king quad down the road. It used to get through anything and winter riding was especially fun!

If you like ATCs, definitely check out the Three Wheeler photo category:

https://www.quadcrazy.com/gallery/category/54-three-wheeler-atc-photos/

Just noticed the 3 wheeler photo category, love those pics! I have a 74 Honda ATC 90 that my son complained was to slow. We yanked the motor out, fabbed a mounting plate, and put in a 205cc lawnmower engine into it with a TAV2 torque converter. Now it will bring the front end up easily!

CIKW8998.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Airborne
      Hey guys/ gals 
      wife and i purchased 2 new machines in 2020, she actually surprised me when i said lets just look.  ....lol 
      next thing i know salesman called us saying our machines were ready for delivery,i fell in love w/ the kodiak 700; she got the 450. Both are the “ SE “ models , ..fast forward winch installed , plow ready for snow. I cannot praise it enough , however ill say theres times i will take her smaller quad out on trails and i actually enjoy it more lol , dont get me wrong the 700 is a Beast ...i pull trees outa woods, use it for multiple tasks on our property , its big.  Lol and the power was shocking ....then i hop on my wifes and its a different ride , almost feels like a snappy go cart in the woods. Lol.  It just goes and its fun to blast around on .... so i guess im lucky ..... 
      point here if your looking for nice machine for wife ,look hard at the 450 , power steering and plenty of power , weve met several people on trails and the question comes up “ how about a choice for my wife , we point them to this ..... 
      the Be ast is just amazing for work plowing snow is great, and it just works hard but loves to play ...... oh well just smiling with them figured id share some ramblings ...ride safe guys 
    • By BuckBilly
      I like to ride in wooded and grassy areas. It takes my mind off the everyday routines and helps me deal with my father's cancer. Also gives me a reason to get involved with forums like this one.
    • By Airborne
      Hows evryone feel about blasting around in snow ? 
      I love it usually after all plowing is done ill drop the plow and just go lut and have fun. From drifting all over lol to packing snow trails in woods its fun , never been into snow mobiles ,  where we live its very rural and our roads seem like an afterthought when it comes to plowing lol , usually last to get cleared , so we will hit the back roads to powerlknes and such , we have several people around here with side by siedes ,and the usually hit the powerlines , pack the trails and then we hit them good fun ....Anybody else ?
    • By quadcrazy
      We are starting this topic so that members can share their view about ATVs; what they are used for, types, etc. This topic is intended to help new members and visitors and generally those that don't know much about ATVs and would like to learn. So anything you can add to this topic that you feel would benefit a new comer, please add a reply..
    • By Ajmboy
      Saw this in the news...was this anyone here?????  🤔
      13 ATVs and dirt bikes impounded from N.J. wildlife area. Riders face list of charges.
      State officials charged several people with various violations and impounded their ATVs and dirt bikes last weekend from the Greenwood Forest Wildlife Management Area in Ocean County, authorities said.
      Police officers with the state’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation were investigating illegal off-road vehicle use in the management area on Saturday, July 25 when two ATV riders tried to flee, officials said.
      When officers caught up with them, they issued summonses for criminal obstruction, interference with the duties of a conservation police officer, and violations of wildlife management area use. The two ATVs were impounded, police said.
      The next day, a group of ATV and dirt bike riders from northern New Jersey drove past several “NO ATV” signs posted in the wildlife area known as “clay holes.”
      Clay holes, or “blue holes” are former gravel or sand mines filled with water. They are popular, although dangerous, destinations for teenagers and adults looking to beat the summer heat.
      Officers issued summonses to the riders for illegally operating off-road vehicles and for driving unregistered vehicles. They also wrote tickets for illegal swimming, possession of alcohol and entering a restricted area.
      In all, 13 ATVs and dirt bikes were impounded. The owners are facing fines starting at $274, and impound, towing and storage fees of at least $300, conservation police said.
      In a statement, police said “only registered, insured, street-legal vehicles are permitted in Wildlife Management Areas. Vehicles may only be operated on established roads and parking areas.”

This is from: https://www.nj.com/ocean/2020/08/13-atvs-and-dirt-bikes-impounded-from-nj-wildlife-area-riders-face-list-of-charges.html