Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Hello from Eastern WA

Shoogaze

Greetings and salutations one and all.

I will be the first to admit, I have addiction. My wife tolerates it, and my children love it. I have been building motorcycles and ATV's, ATC's for about 20 years. My children learned how to ride on a 1974 Honda ATC 90 at the age of 3. I average 5-7 motorcycles running at our house at all times, and possibly 3-6 not running. I am more into the older bikes (1969 Honda ATC, 1974 Honda ATC, 1984 Honda Big Red ATC, 1985 Honda TRX 250, 1979 Honda XR 185, 1979 Suzuki TC 100) but recently I purchased a 2007 Suzuki Kingquad 700. Wife loves the Kingquad.

My 11 year old can tear down a engine and rebuild a carb without to much issue. He loves working in the shop with me, and riding. 6 year old just wants to ride.

Here is WA they are sticklers for having a ORV tag on each bike. And to get one you must have a title. You see now how much of a pain it is to get a title for these old motorcycles.

We do most of our riding on state and federal land while camping, so we get to make a good weekend out of it.

• Like 1

I agree with @George Henry , great intro and nice to see someone with so much love for the older ATVs and ATCs! I love king quads. I used to have a 2005 and it was great, but sold it when I got married. Thinking of going back to a king quad down the road. It used to get through anything and winter riding was especially fun!

If you like ATCs, definitely check out the Three Wheeler photo category:

https://www.quadcrazy.com/gallery/category/54-three-wheeler-atc-photos/

Just noticed the 3 wheeler photo category, love those pics! I have a 74 Honda ATC 90 that my son complained was to slow. We yanked the motor out, fabbed a mounting plate, and put in a 205cc lawnmower engine into it with a TAV2 torque converter. Now it will bring the front end up easily!

CIKW8998.JPG