Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

AndyM

2001 Kawasaki prairie 400 Lug Studs

Hi Guys,

I purchased a 2001 Kawasaki prairie 400 for my son, the machine runs great but had issues with bent rims. I bought a set online knowing that I would need 2" wheel spacers for the rear tires. My issue now is the hub (lug) studs are too short for the spacers that I have. Does anyone know where I can get longer studs that have the same pitch as stock? OEM studs are 10mm x 29.5mm with 1.25mm pitch, I'm most likely looking to get 10mm x 44mm studs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

I believe that the spacers you have aren't the best quality most good spacers have an offset and include studs. However I will suggest pulling one of your studs and taking it to a commercial based advance Auto store or to a Napa they should have the knowledge to look through the catalogs and get you close

Topic moved to Kawasaki ATV forum and added ATV info into topic title. 😁

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By emoyer105
      I have a Yamaha Timberwolf 250 2x4 that I purchased a while ago as a project. I fixed it up to where everything was working great in my opinion, however when I showed it to a potential buyer he complained about a vibration from the rear drive shaft. (Which I ridiculous seeing as he tried to wheelie it before that) Anyways I took the rear diff apart and found most of the seals and bearings where bad. So I bought a kit off of amazon only to find that it doesn’t have all of the bearings and seals. After finding that I decided to try to find a used good condition replacement but they’re all to expensive for me so is there a better alternative for me, or can someone point me in the right direction to get the rest of the parts?

• By Bryson Bailey
      Hey I have a Kawasaki buyou I put a new carburetor on it and a brand new spark plug coil and still firing up could you know what my problem is anyone please
    • By oxidized_black
      View File 1988-2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Service Manual
      1988-2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Service Manual
      The Kawasaki Bayou 220 is one of the most common all-terrain vehicles on off-road trails that is geared toward novice riders and families. It’s also one of the smallest and most inexpensive ATVs on the market, with a retail price under $3,500, as of 2010. The Bayou 220 is Kawasaki’s only ATV of its size. The 220’s sibling is the larger Bayou 250 equipped with a 228cc engine.
      Engine
      The Bayou 220’s engine is a 215cc, four-stroke, shaft-driven, air-cooled model. Its bore measures 2.6 inches and the stroke is 2.4 inches. It features a relatively high 9.3:1 compression ratio with fuel delivered through a Mikuni VM24SS carburetor. The electronic ignition is Kawasaki’s DC-CDI. It also features a recoil backup as a starting system. The clutch is an automatic wet multidisc model with power delivered to the wheels via a five-speed transmission, according to ATV Source.
      Chassis
      The steel frame supports a front suspension with single A-arms and twin shock absorbers, with the rear suspension a Quad-Link system with two shocks. Front wheel travel is 4.5 inches, while the rear wheel travel measures at 4.9 inches. Front and rear brakes are drums.
      Size
      The front tire size is AT21X8-9 with the rear tires measuring AT22X10-10. The ATV’s wheelbase is 43.9 inches, with an overall length of 68.7 inches. Ground clearance is 6.1 inches with the seat height measuring 28.7 inches. It weighs 403 lbs. and can tow up to 450 lbs. Its fuel tank can carry 2.6 gallons.
      Basics
      The Kawasaki Bayou 220 is not the fastest ATV on the market, but one reason the Bayou 220 has kept its price low is the lack of amenities. It features a brake light and dual headlamps with high/low beam. There is an auxiliary lighting terminal inside the front cover of the ATV and electrical accessory terminals under the seat. The instrument cluster atop the fuel tank features a fuel gauge, but not much else. There are no speedometer, odometer, hourmeter, tripmeter, high-beam indication or high-temperature light. It does have a reverse/neutral indicator light. The Bayou comes in two colors: hunter green and firecracker red.
      Features
      The front A-arm, twin shock and rear Quad-Link twin-shock suspension system is not a true fully independent system, but it allows for a comfortable ride over rough terrain without employing a complex and expensive, fully independent suspension system. The ATV features front and rear steel cargo racks. The ATV is rider-friendly with a limited adjustable throttle to help novices practice their riding skills without twisting the throttle too far and losing control of the vehicle.
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Lellwyn Griffin
      I think my rear brakes are stuck.  Is these parts in the right position?  Any idea how I repair?  I have to give it more gas to go and I can't push it when it's in neutral.  

• By Lellwyn Griffin
      Thinking about buy a used 07 Prairie. Any feedback or suggestions on what to look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By God of Thunder
      Does anyone have a lead on a Rear Diff for a Prairie 300? My case cracked!
    • By oxidized_black
      1997-2002 Kawasaki Prairie 400 Service Manual
      View File 1997-2002 Kawasaki Prairie 400 Service Manual
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Chopermech
      Check this out:
      I have been working on these and trying to get the word out on the forums.
      I am now at the point to be able to start doing struts for others. If you haven't kept up with my progress, I have developed adding external reservoirs. It would be an approximate $(contact me for current pricing as some things have gotten cheaper and some have not) cost for both struts which includes adding bungs and all parts, including a lower magnetic drain plug. It would be a complete assembly ready to install with minor tweaking once on the atv (such as line routing) but nothing significant 

Send me an email if you have particular things you want done or suggestions based on problems you are encountering with the oem set up. I can help you decide which route to go.

Here in the following pic of my manual, is a list of OEM part number struts I have developed this program for. Basically, it will encompass all SRA's with a front strut like the one in the picture, even the ones with a slightly diferrent lower spring perch.

If you are interested in an affordable and better front suspension on your utility SRA, please email me at: [email protected] to ensure I get your correspondence, since my inbox on the forum periodically fills up.
      http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1314451#post1314451
    • By Jim Waters
      hi everyone. recently iam get a good vibration that comes and goes while iam riding my praire 4x4. iam afraid something is going to detonate. vibration is felt in the steering and then you will here a noise and this comes and goes. its very noticeable when iam on a blacktop surface. iam worried. i cant get any slop in the drive joints i can grab onto. so any input would be appreciated. i have a manual downloaded and i,ve went through it pretty good. my thought is its from the output shaft to the front drive. let me know if anyone has experianced this.
    • By Sonders
      It appears that the Service Manual thread at top of forum is dead as all the links no longer work.  I'm actually looking for service manual for a 2000 KVF300 Prairie that I just picked up.  Does anybody have link to one that they can share, or know where I can find one?  Thanks in advance for any help.