Quantcast

1990 honda fourtrax adding a cooling fan

I am rebuilding a 1990 honda four trax they were so reliable but here in Alabama its very hot in the summer time, being a air cooled engine I have considered adding a cooling fan for the engine and I have plenty of room for it but my question is will that overload the generator and battery on it. Maybe someone out there can answer that

Before quads went watercooled,some had oil cooling,a remote "radiator" hooked to the oil system.Worked well overall,but not for the high speed and guys that hammer stuff.Hondas seemed to be the worse for cooling.Search youtube,there are several good conversions for putting oil coolers on older hondas.

• 2 years later...

You can get a Noctua IndustrialPPC NF-A14, takes 0,55A 12V , its a computerfan with 6 year warranty. But it takes some work to protect it if you are riding alot of offroading. I have a honda 300 trx and its getting very hot when im driving slow in the terrain, just hooked a fan up in zipties to try it out and is "seems" to work. Dont have any tempgauges on it so i really dont know how much difference it makes.

i took it off after a while because i dont do offroading so much in 1st gear.