Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Darryl Traina

2007 Honda TRX 420 ES Rear Axle Repair/Replace

This bike has a straight axle that is moving horizontally in the housing in both directions about 2 inches. Has anyone had the same issue if so what did it take to repair it?

Thanks..

Darryl

Carrier bearing. We'd all know for sure if you take a pic or 2

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't forget about the jam nuts on either side that holds it in place. I have to go through the rear end in my 07 rancher 420. The bearings are shot.

Bike is up at my hunting camp. Next trip up I'll bring it home and take pics. I have assumed the bearings are shot just not sure what else may be damaged.Thanks

Its probably just the bearings. Those gear sets are pretty tough, even if its a little pitted its fine. Not like its in a car on the road w/ 300hp.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      got that 220 I'm 'servicing'..........  well it turned into a guts and oil job....  I cleaned the carb and it wont idle cold, but idles too fast when warm.  also misfires and burns rich cold (white smoke out of the exhaust)  I'm going to order a new carb since the old one is leaking and beat up (some one was tinkering)  I'm wondering about the valve clearance and timing...?  Maybe a factor?   What should the clearance be on the valves?  How should I check the timing on this bike?  (this is a mid 90s bayou 220 2x4)
    • By flyinbrian365
      View File 2015 Textron Motors MPE 850 Repair Manual
      Repair Manual
      4-Stroke Engine 
      MPE 850 OFF-ROAD
      This repair manual is valid for the following engine models:
      409135 I2 846 UTV NA-80
      Submitter flyinbrian365 Submitted 02/18/2019 Category Textron Off Road UTV  
    • By Frank Angerano
      Take a look at this. I just ordered it. Wondering what your thoughts are ? I mainly like to get my bikes up In the air so I’m not killing my back any more.  I either build up some stuff I have laying around etc but this looks like it’s going to work out well.  
      Goplus 300lb Motorcycle Lift Table Hydraulic Cycle Dirt Bike ATV Scissor Jack Lift Hoist Center Stand Lift https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BRBKA82/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Kx5wCbPR1HRPA
    • By spotman1983
      I have a 2006 suzuki 700 king quad and I bought a 2 inch lift that attach to the shocks, the front works great, but only the side without the muffler fits on the back. I can't get the other side to drop far enough down to put the shock back in, almost like the axle wont let it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• By Hilltopmike
      Hi Folks,
      Just bought this 1991 King Quad and it is missing the right front axle.  It runs and drives in 2 wd, would be nice to find parts or whole axle to make the 4 wd drive work again.  A rebuildable  axle would be fine.  Any help would be great.  
      Thanks Hilltopmike

• Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If you know you're going to be bashing your quad's axle over rocks and rough terrain, tape it up. Take a roll of electrical tape and generously wrap the axle from the swingarm out to the hubs. Standard electrical tape will work, but the heavy-duty thick stuff is even better. When you are done bashing you bikr though the nasty terrain, you can cut the tape off and still have that showroom shine for your next out to the dunes, where you don't have to worry about getting dings!
      Quad off-road magazine
    • By Alan Callison
      Hello boys and girls!:howdy:I need a little help if ya dont mind.I need to replace the rear axle bearings on my 400 but Im going at this blind having never done it before. Ive looked it up in the repair manual but it doesn't give any specific steps on how to do it. I've got the left rear brakes off already as I was replacing the shoes anyway. Can somebody give me a rundown on what Ive gotta do please?I know I need to pull the right wheel off just havent done that yet. Do I need to take anything apart in the final drive or elsewhere in order to yank the axle out for instance? Which side does the axle come out from,L or R? Any details I need to know will be greatly appreciated.Thanks ya'll!
    • By Alan Callison
      OK everybody,I need some help here please. My 4 wheeler has got a bad wheel bearing I discovered while starting a brake job. Its on the left side. I've never done one and I need some knowledge how to go about it. Am I to understand I need to pull the whole axle out to do it. I've done it once on a car about 30 years ago,lol. I keep looking around for a repair manual but they're hard to find without having to buy it. I looked here on this site but apparently Im too junior a member to be able to download one right now.Bummer!  One other question if I may.When I pulled the drum off the spindle a torrent of water poured out,the brake shoes were covered in mud along with everything else. I mean the drum had alot of water in it. The shoes were so locked up after I removed the springs I tried to rotate one of the shoes and it wasn't easy at all. I noticed whoever had the machine before myself had laid a bead of RTV around the back plate but apparently it didn't work. Isn't there some kind of gasket for this purpose. I saw it calls for a dust shield but surely this wont keep the brakes dry or will it. Thanks everybody.
    • By Keith Proudman
      My 2013 Honda 420 occasionally won't go into reverse. I don't think it is in the transmission as it does not make a click or noise. I think it is in the lockout. Someone told me when I ride near the ocean the salt can get on something. Any ideas?
    • By davefrombc
      View File 2007-2014 Honda Rancher TRX420 Service Manual
      2007-2014 Honda Rancher TRX420 Service Manual
      Submitter davefrombc Submitted 10/16/2017 Category Honda ATV