Quantcast

Tires, and Rims: out with the old, in with the new

So I wanted to start a thread about modifications on ATVs OR SXSs that makem look sick or run better.  It can be any modification from new handlebar grips to a winch to an added lightbar, but I was focusing on tries and rims.  Here are some of my simple additions to my Bayou 300:  I put looker front shocks on it, added a 2500 winch, replaced the headlight with a blinding 6in light bar, and added new and bigger rims and tires: 

Picture0905181602951.jpg

Picture1110182149952.jpg

Picture0905181553951.jpg

Picture0905181617954.jpg

Picture0905181551951.jpg

and just for clarification, all the pics are of it with the lightbar on it, the last one is of the stock headlight.

Edited by JacobSlabach

Nice upgrades, that’s a great bike. I have the 400 and it runs a great. A few upgrades but nothing major other then appearacne wise. Paint, seacover and some led headlights. 

My last Polaris 200 i picked up for my son had a busted headlight, the replacement was almost $325 bucks so I plated over it and put a custom led light  worked out better and looked great. The bike needed a lot of work anyway so I figured why not make my own light set up.  That’s the best thing about some of the older bikes. Yiu have no regrets trying things! 

1 hour ago, Frank Angerano said:

Nice upgrades, that’s a great bike. I have the 400 and it runs a great. A few upgrades but nothing major other then appearacne wise. Paint, seacover and some led headlights. 

My last Polaris 200 i picked up for my son had a busted headlight, the replacement was almost $325 bucks so I plated over it and put a custom led light  worked out better and looked great. The bike needed a lot of work anyway so I figured why not make my own light set up.  That’s the best thing about some of the older bikes. Yiu have no regrets trying things! 

Sweet!  got any pics?

haha!  yea I bought my 6in light from my friend for $14 the day I got the bike.  The same friend found me a 04 sportsman 500 not running for $1200 (needs a stater and a battery) so I cant wait to get it fixed up with a lift kit, led headlights, and bigger tires....might even put a snorkel on it if I like it enough....will put pics on here as I'm doin stuff!  I'm going to pick it up this thursday (he lives in AL and I live in VA).  heres a pic he sent me:

Picture1112181832954.jpg

If you can find one of my old posts. I picked up a 400 bayou in PA. Had a knock on the head. The owner turned it off put it away in a shed and never touched it again. The shop told him the cam was blown. Turned out it was where the cam sits in the head. So the cam wobbled and made a knock.  I picked up a very good used head/cam for a few bucks and really went to town on the bike. New valve seals etc. I painted it and did the seat cover and a few goodies. The bike is a beast! 4x4 it’s a good looking bike.   Runs like new. My oldest rides it.  

• 3 months later...

That was actually my second atv paint project.  All I did was sand and prep the plastics. Put a good paint adhesive primer spray on and added my base coat.  The second color was my camo coat, I actually put on latex gloves and had real leafs from the tree outside my house.  Laid them right on the plastics and sprayed over them. The pattern was there. Just kept moving it along as I went.  The light housing that was there I removed it and added a piece of plastic from an old rubber maid I had laying around.  I miss that bike. It was fun. 

• Like 1