Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2002 Lakota Sport 300 Missing Parts Quiz

Brantley40

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By dvs1961
      Just bought a new hisun ,been shopping for a year or more for a sxs   best bang for the buck...Are there any lift kits out there for a 2022 Hisun 750 sector ? links thanks

• By kodiakbigbear4004x4
      BEEN LOOKING AT LOWES AT THE NEW HISUN AXIS RHINO CLONES ANY ONE EXPEINCE THEM ARE THEY ANY GOOD OR IS THE MASSIMO BETTER LOOKIGN FOR AFFORDABLE UTV 
    • By Ulfthednar
      Got others in the works. 
      Been years since I really played with editing software and content creation. ATV+Gopro+Davinci.
      https://youtu.be/-JV-xEq9uW8
    • By ATVNetwork
      The first round of racing for the AMA Pro ATV and Pro Sport racers in the 2023 ATV Motocross National Championship (ATVMX), an AMA National Championship, was greeted with warm sunshine as the season kicked off in grand style within the high banks of the Daytona International Speedway. View the full article
    • By Machias_Mike
      Hi there!
      We just bought 4 acres and needed a work rig for moving stuff around and blazing trails. Been looking at buying a quad for a long time and finally got the opportunity.  Found a very good condition 1994 Kawi Bayou 300 4x4.  Runs great and seems to be in great operating condition with one little thing.
      The unit seems to have an issue with reverse.  Previous owner did tell me about it and its totally usable but the issue is annoying enough that I want to try and fix it.  Im pretty mechanical oriented so don’t think this will (hopefully) be too much of an issue.  I bought the kawasaki shop manual on ebay and should be here next Friday but wanted to get a head start on it.

The issue seems to be similar to this post but I think may be more mechanical than just the switch.
      https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/14281-1994-bayou-220-neutral-safety-switch/

Here goes!

Neutral light is always on when key in on position I found that the green wire coming out of the block from neutral switch is grounded to chassis.  When plugged in to switch light never turns on no matter what gear its in (and wont start). Machine can go from 1st directly into Reverse if you don’t feather it.  This is the part that that makes me want to fix it.  I feel like its dangerous and could possibly do some damage.  It usually takes 3-4 tries to 'find' neutral.   The reverse turn knob seems to be operable and cable is connected and operates the reverse 'selector' when turned.  Springs back when released both at the switch and at the 'selector' inboard of the shifter. When in reverse the red reverse light does not illuminate Based on above and looking at the post above it seems that this would indicate that the reverse stopper is 'broken' and rotated in an 'in gear' position.  I see a few posts on here where people have said it can crack.  If I plug the green wire back in and turn machine to 'on' I can move the shifter through all gears and the neutral light and reverse light stay off.  Again, to me it seems that the 'reverse stopper' is probably broken, stuck where the switch thinks its in a forward gear and the shaft is probably just spinning inside it.

Am I on the right track here?
      I wanted to get a head start on this and looking at parts diagrams it looks like the part number for the 'reverse stopper' is 13091-1443, found one on ebay for $30 shipped.  I hate buying parts before tearing it down but if this is the likely culprit I would take a $30 gamble to buy it so I can have it on hand when the manual arrives.

The other question I have which I hope is an easy answer is none of the parts diagrams I have found show the bevel gear gasket part number.  Can anyone tell me what the part number is for this?

Many, many thanks for the info and I promise to post pics once I have it apart.