Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Rushville

2000 polaris sportsman 335 speedo failure no AWD

2000 Sportsman 335 lost the speedo functions. Don't need the speedo but need AWD.  Is there a wiring bypass that can be done to activate AWD ? 

isnt there some wired in the harness you can short together that engage awd?  Have you look up your issue on yt?  

heh good luck with that- those are like 300.  Is the display still working?  (like the digital readout with the mileage and all)

check the wheel sensor to se if it has become fouled with mud or something. if not jack it up discontect the wires hook on a multimeter and spin the wheel to see if it is making voltage. an abs sensor is just a small voltage generator that sends a signal to the ecm to let it know the wheel is turning.  probably also sends a signal to the speedo.

• Like 1

thanks @James Copeland, you answered a question I had about my 04 sportsman 500.  I will say on my bike, no wires run from sensor to ecm, but straight to the pod (speedo).  Dont know if its the same with all sportsmans or not...  I know its not the speedo on mine cause I just replaced it ($400:aargh:)

Well,  happy day for everyone. You can bypass the issue by putting the brown wiresof the wheel hubs to a frame ground and problem solved. The switch gives the hubs 12 volt,  the speedo gives it ground

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jwline
      Friday evening went riding, rode for a good hour or so everything was fine. I went to take a short ride to the restroom (less than 100 yds away) and all of the sudden everything flickered and then just died out. Accompanying the problem I noticed the killswitch completely locked up. Once daylight hit took the killswitch apart to find it had shorted out and melted the plastic inside. Has anyone else had anything similar to this and if so what did you do to fix the situation? I have a new killswitch on the way to replace the obvious problem but was wondering could there be a bigger issue at hand. We tested with a voltage meter to make sure everything was still getting power from the battery and as far as we could tell it was.
      Any advice/info would be GREATLY appreciated.
      Thanks.
    • By technofarmer
      Hey there, i have recently put a new drive belt on my 11 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.    It has 44 miles since putting the new belt on and should be nearly broken in as i hear it takes 50 miles to do so?  Anyhow it has had a little trouble with slipping since i put the new one on a few months ago. Now whenver i go down a hill the belt seems to be getting caught in one clutch if not both and then it has to run a high rpm just to go a low speed.  Today it did that again going down hill, i stopped, put it in neutral and when going back up the hill i had to turn it off, put it in neutral, let it roll back down the hill a little, then restart it, low range and it was slipping but thankfully i was able to make it up the hill. 

So what might the problem be? Is this a need for another new belt? New clutches and belt? Or just get something else? BTW the brand new belt i put on it, is a factory one, an exact replacement for the original.   

• By DMC66
      I need a repair manual for a 2004 and a 2005 sportsman 90 and I found a 2006 manual for cheap money. Is it worth getting and will it cover everything for the 04 and 05
    • By colin james
      View File 2017-2019 sportsman 450/570 with eps factory service manual
      This  is the factory service manual for the 2017-2019 factory service manual for the sportsman 450/570 with electronic power steering 

Submitter colin james Submitted 09/06/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By KDawgFPC
      I have a 2004  Kawasaki KLF300. I’m not sure What is the black/yellow, brown, and red wire wrapped together in the wire hornets of a klf300. I got it used and notice some wires not connected. They are located in the front area 

The reason why I am asking because I’m having issues with it firing up. I cleaned the carb put new spark plugs and gas.