Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Some times I get spark some times not can ride then it just dies and wont get spark it has new cdi box and stator but I don't know if it has the pickup coil I'm at a loss

When you changed the stator coil the new pick up was not with it? They are usually bundled and wired together. 

An intermittent spark usually is a loose connection, worn ignition contacts or an over heating part.  

Check the secondary ignition coil and the spark plug wire coming from it.  

I’ve seen pick up coils fail after they get hot and work after they cool down.  I would go over all the connections, grounds etc and start there.  Then get into the more invasive stuff.  Wiggle the ignition key while it’s running.

If the bike shuts down after a while be ready to test the pick up coil with an electrical tester to see if it’s getting hot and breaking down.  Check the regulator/rectifier that’s it’s not getting hot or failing.  Look up the spec in the electrical portion of the manual and it will tell you the numbers you should have on the tester. 

• Confused 1

I cant cond the pickup coil I didn't install the stator I just bought the bike

And what regulator 

The pick up coil is in the same area as the stator coil.  It’s the blue and white wires.  You have to test them. 

The regulator is near the battery under the seat or side plastic usually on the left side of the bike. Looks like an aluminum block with fins on it.   

• Like 1

check connection- sometimes corrosion can cause loose connections- I go through the whole harness and coat all connections with connecting grease to rule that out for any electrical issues.

• Like 1

?

What are we looking at ? I mean I know what we are looking at but is there a problem ? 

Also that red wire in the background looks like it was pinched.   

The three whites are your stator coil wires.  

The blue and white stripe and red should be your pic up coil wires.   

That’s good to know. Did you test from each wire to ground also ?

Did you order a new one ?

From each of the three wires. One at a time to ground you should get nothing.  

From wore to wire yes 300 + is acceptable.