Quantcast

The road to my quad makeover.....

Well here are some more pictures of the quad before we tore it down, and part of the transformation. As you can see the quad is beat up and quite rusty. Right now we have everything off the frame and the frame partly sanded down. A few more days we will be ready to paint the frame. We did finally get the swingarm off. We had to cut it. This is gonna look great when done.

STAY TUNED I will have more pictures soon. :wink::yes:

misc_012.jpg

misc_011.jpg

misc_010.jpg

misc_009.jpg

misc_015.jpg

misc_024.jpg

yeahhhhh I remember that feeling when I ripped apart my pit bike and redid it!!!!

You gotta bent steering stem??

yupper it is indeed bent, also what we found is we needed a whole bunch of new nuts and bolts, i needed new heel guards and they come with new foot pegs. Need back brake pads. Need a new left front caliper because a pin was stuck in the old one and my man tried so hard but it wasnt budging. Needed a new swing arm and all the bolts, needs new bearings everywhere, a few plastics were bad, the headlight mount was broken off the frame so that needs welding. New clutch lines.

Some extras im puttin on.....some black plastic on the gas tank cover and the hood, nerfs, a bumper, new paint of course, handgaurds, new clutch lever, some yamaha graphics, and i think thats it haha, it is takin a while but it will be worth it. :)

Hey wheeler did you do the work on it ??? It looks good :cute:

My honey and I worked on it together, it was my first project. Really had no clue what I was doing.........it took an entire weekend and then some of the next week.....I know what you mean about being frustrated...I'm sure it made me cry more than once cause I was so frustrated at times...but, when it's done, and you see how pretty it is afterwards, you're like.......well that was worth it all...and it's all mine.

Promise.:wink::cute:

My honey and I worked on it together, it was my first project. Really had no clue what I was doing.........it took an entire weekend and then some of the next week.....I know what you mean about being frustrated...I'm sure it made me cry more than once cause I was so frustrated at times...but, when it's done, and you see how pretty it is afterwards, you're like.......well that was worth it all...and it's all mine.

Promise.:wink::cute:

wow i wish mine was done that quick, we have had so many complications and had to order so many parts, its been a few weeks now and we are almost ready to paint. My man is so good at this stuff, i have no idea either, for him its second nature, for me its no fun lol. But it will be done and i will be soo happy, and yes yes i have shed a few tears myself lol.:yes:

I kinda went through that too...and when it was done I decided that I liked doing projects like that afterall............when you see the finished product you're like, woah, I did that!!! And then you begin to figure out what else you can tear apart and "fix" lol......

drtygrl: diggg the yellow :) just a question...why'd you change the color? To be different?? I changed my stuff because nearly every honda has got red on it and I, in all honesty, thought the quad was fugggggglyyy hahhaah:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I gott tell u guys, it is sooo much work to tear these things down, i get so frusterated and poor zac is like...whats wrong. Its alot of work and very nerve racking, i cant wait for it to be done. :aargh::yes:

Try having to tear into a fairly new one.....04 YFZ450's had all kinds of problems with the first batches......waterpump problems, charging problems, cranks siezing up.....been through all of it but it was all worth it because now I know it inside and out :wink:

drtygrl: diggg the yellow :) just a question...why'd you change the color? To be different?? I changed my stuff because nearly every honda has got red on it and I, in all honesty, thought the quad was fugggggglyyy hahhaah:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry, I'm not DrtyGrl but I have an answer for you!

We changed colors for a couple of reasons. Just about every Rhino around here looks the same. The full Bore body kit has a way more aggressive look to it. She wanted pink!(thank god they don't make pink plastics) She also has a 4 point harness that I mounted for her. We're are slowly turning it into a race machine.:yes:

I kinda went through that too...and when it was done I decided that I liked doing projects like that afterall............when you see the finished product you're like, woah, I did that!!! And then you begin to figure out what else you can tear apart and "fix" lol......

Yep, there were way too many blue Rhinos out there. :aargh: I wanted to stand out for sure!!! :yes: