Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

wayde theriault

Need help 2006 Yamaha TTR126

Hello, I just bought a 2006 ttr125 and the guy said it needed a new carb because gas was leaking out the overflow and he couldn’t find out what was wrong with it, I opened it up and messed with the float and I couldn’t figure it out myself so I just ordered a $30 carb off of amazon. I installed it and it seemed to run great around the yard but when I got on the road and started picking up speed it seems to just turn off once I slow down and down shift. I don’t know it’s like if I go to fast it will just completely die and right after it dies it won’t start, the es won’t work nor will the kick start, I have to wait a good 30 minutes before I can start it and it runs fine again. Anything helps! Thanks  

Have you solved this issue? Does it sputter like its running out of gas on higher idle or just shut off?

* Topic moved to Dirt Bike Forum

First mistake was chunking what I assume was an OEM carb for a cheap knock off from china.  Carb was most likely leaking due to the float valve not sealing in its seat.  Usually just replace the seat and the valve and problem solved.  I know you said you "messed" with the float.  But if it's not adjusted correct, it can also allow the carb to overflow.  Most likely, its the seat not sealing.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Corky L Leazier
      One day went to start and nothing, the fan comes on cause its straight wired ,but no lights and no all the fuses show no power with the switch on. Changed starter relay nothing changed thinking maybe switch next and how can I test it.
    • By raymonday1115
      Hey I'm looking at purchasing a 2006 Arctic Cat 650 H1 SE but don't know much about Arctic cats, how reliable are they and will it make a good Mudder/work horse?

Here is a link to the one I'm looking at
      https://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/edmonton/2006-arctic-cat-650-h1-se/1507897599?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

• By Trent Finnessey
      So I’ve got a 2000 Honda 400ex absolutely love it!! I’ve had it for about a month, I ride with bruteforce 750’s, outlander 850’s and 1000 sxs’s and I was thinking of getting a trx450r carb and a full hmf exhaust. And probably doing the air box mod too, how much power would this give my 400? Just a little different or a big difference? Cuz if it’s not much of a different I’ll just stick with my dg slip on..... thanks!
    • By dook
      I've been riding Suzuki Kingquad 300's for the last 20 years. I have 3 of them. I love the low gearing, low center of gravity, low rider position, low racks shaft drive and smooth ride, but they are getting old and I'm tired of fixing them. Best engineering of any utility quad, IMO, but the execution...build quality is not up to par with Honda, so the price you pay is lots of wrenching.
      I positively despise CVT type belt drives. My neighbor has a couple of old Hondas, Rancher and Rubicon and I admire the reliability of them. He does very little maintenance and they always run and have pulled my Kingquads home for me when they break.
      Is Honda the only company that makes ATV's that don't have CVT? I like the build quality but I don't like the high rider position caused by the vertical cylinder, the cold nature of them, having to warm up for several minutes and the plastic skid plates. I guess all modern ATV's have the same issues, though (correct me if I'm wrong).
      Been checking with the dealers, it seems Honda foot shift models are scarce. I really don't need devices/gadgets to decide which gear I need to be in. So I'm avoiding the DCT models. I must have IRS and EPS because of my age and physical condition though.
      Is it possible to get a Rancher with IRS, EPS and foot shift? The specs I'm reading show the rancher is 2" lower than the Rubicon. I'm assuming that to be seat height. With vertical cylinder design, the more you grow the engine, the higher you push the seat....at least that's my thinking.
      Any comments from the Honda experienced?
    • By WIJBIRD
      Good morning!
      I have a 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 and I need to rebuild the carb. I have the dual-cable throttle model and I'm having a terrible time finding the correct kit for it. I'm not opposed to replacing it, but the only ones I'm seeing do not have the dual cable throttle system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Jay in WI

P.S. I can send pictures if necessary.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Admin
      We've got a section in our gallery just for dirt bikes, so feel free to post your photos! https://www.quadcrazy.com/gallery/category/60-dirt-bike-photos/
      Some of our member contributions:

• By ntl8484
      I collected two months. Wheel diameter of 1 meter, width of 0.5 meters. All wheel drive.