Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Eddie Rahm

1996 polaris sportsman 500 throttle body wires

whats up fellas....the white wire going from the throttle body came unplugged from the circuit  board and im not sure where it plugs back in to ? i see where the red wire goes but im not sure where the white wire goes...im not even sure what those wires do..any help would be appreciated..thanks. 1996 polaris sportsman 500 4x4 push button awd.

Yes the red button is for the awd..the red and white wires are coming from the throddle body and they run to the circuit board under the black cover under the head light..

Sorry I was working all day give me a little bit and I will try and help you sort it out. 

If you look at the photo with the diagram it shows a ETC switch and an AWD switch. The ETC matches the color code wires  you mentioned and goes back to the hub safety switch. I would start by tracing the wires from the handlebars and work your way down to the controller and the to the hub solenoids.  

F1F0F0AE-BDFF-4688-A934-AC7A45005CCD.png

B5EA7C2A-C030-4154-913A-46FD629D5CC5.jpeg

Locate that hub switch and there should be a white wire coming off of it. That white wire goes to the handle bar switch.  

That white wire you are holding might be coming from the hub switch.   So start there and trace it back. 

1B26C405-A7D8-42B9-975C-790932DC0F53.jpeg

The diagram is right...I found where the wire goes ! Thanks for taking the time to help me Frank... I really appreciate it

• Thanks 1

No worries brother that’s what makes Quadcrazy the best atv forum around. 
Ride safe and be sure to stay in touch and post some pics of your rides!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      recently picked up some project bikes off CL for cheap.  got a honda fourtrax (the ancient 4x4 kind with the straight axle in the front as well as the rear and a back-up kick-start)  plastics are crap, but my goal is to get running like a champ and patch the plastics up and sell to one of my many friends that want a reliable 4x4 for dirt cheap and doesnt care what it looks like.
      so the former owner says it needs carb rebuilt, but its sat for 3+ years since so who knows.  things I see:  carb is missing (he gave me a box of parts along with the bike), engine turns over and feels good with kick-start, brakes need work, battery missing (That always puts me off, cause then I know most likely someone's been tampering with the electrical.
    • By ray desocio
      I posted earlier looking for a wiring diagram, but maybe someone can help me with the problem if they’ve had it before. 

The quad Will start and idle ok, when I open the throttle it will rev all the way up until WOT and then it dies back down to idle, and if I keep the throttle wide open it will rev back up. It will do this over and over and over. 

I replaced the carb, (twice), Rectifier, battery, and spark plug.  The Stator ohmed out to the proper specs from dinli.  The other issue i can see is I’m not getting 12v on the choke circuit. The lights don’t work either. 

possible bad key switch? Maybe the new rectifier is bad? All the contacts on the key switch also ohm out properly    
      comprsssion is up to 125 psi and spark is there. 

Reed valves look great.....

im at a loss. Any trouble shooting advice would be appreciated. 
    • By Twilight228
      Good Morning All!,
      After a significant amount of reading and tinkering, I'm stumped.  We have a pair of Arctic Cat DVX 90s (4-stroke), and one of them runs very rich at wide open throttle.  I've cleaned the carb (which was installed new  last year), verified the main jet (80) to be per the original spec, installed a new air filter, tried a hotter spark plug (CR6HSA), and adjusted the valves (tightened a modest 0.0005" but improved starting).  The hotter spark plug may have help just a bit, but not appreciably.
      Just for fun, I swapped the CDI between machines, and that didn't help either.
      Fouling plugs very quickly, but not to the point the machine will not run or start.  [black instantly]
      Logically, I assume I'm revving out, but the other machine doesn't "stumble/blubber" anything like this one.
      Should I try a smaller main jet?
      Any ideas you guys may have would be much appreciated.
      Thanks in advance everyone.
    • By BUKNDUK
      Hello all
      I am looking for some suggestions what to apply to the camouflage body on a 2019 Yamaha Kodiak 700 eps to keep the mud from sticking. We have a lot of alkali white dirt that rusts metal 
      Thanks in advance 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By dany desbiens
      Hello i have a Polaris 2003 sportsman 600 Polaris Sportsman OEM Gauge Speedo Speedometer Display Dash Cluster 3280425 the speedo is not working no 4*4 i can find nothing can i put a speedo 2004Speedometer Gauge Speedo
      3280431 04-08 Sportsman if it will work
    • By turner_clint77
      Just have a couple questions 
      first does anyone else have an issue with the right hand tie rods coming loose 
      second does anyone else’s power steering making a weird sound at times 
    • By David Miller
      Does anyone know how to access the check engine codes on a 2018 450 sportsman. Just changed battery and spark plug . It runs fine but the light is on and I need this to plow snow and need it reliable. Any ideas . Thanks
    • By marek porowski
      Hi, I got a check engine light and a diagnostic code 520194 2 and i know it has something to do with throttle voltage out of range
      I'd like to know if thats something that can be adjusted ? Or does anybody know what should i test  ?  I just bought this atv and I'm fixing it as its been in an accident. 
      I also changed throttle leaver as original one was broken and I noticed inside the 4x4 selector assembly there are 2 contacts but I'm not sure if they're suppose to make contact at idle. I found some info online but some are saying they're suppose to touch and some say they're not. I think id depends of the year of the machine but I'm not sure. I'd really appreciate any help that i can get with this
      Thanks 
    • By Barry Troxtell
      I have a 2005 Sportsman 500, Instrument cluster will not illuminate, hi/lo beams work though.  Any tips or troubleshooting info is greatly appreciated!