Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

i was wondering how fast these little things are..

like..could a cr,rm,kx 80-85

beat a 300ex in a drag?

i was thinking of saving a little money and buying one..

just for fun..i find em in auto traders all the time for lie 900$.

we just got rid of an 05 crf80....my honey said that it owldn't beat a 300ex...but our friend has a yz85 and that thing is NASTY! It might be pretty comparable to the 300....

but none the less, our 80 was super fun!!

the crf is four stroke..

the cr is two stroke..

the two stroke is supposed to be pretty quick.

great power/weight ratio..

just trying to see what people think of them and what they can keep up with speed wise.

the f stands for "Four" i think..as in fourstroke

so id its just RM, YZ, KX, CR then its two

if its CRF,RMZ,YZF,KXF its four.

and i hear the CR is faster than the YZ.

If you had a CRF you had a four stroke which is why you couldn't beat a 300 fourstroke.

A CR80 and a 300ex I think would be about even.

the ones ill be keeping an eye for are

kx80-85

cr85r

rm85

yz80-85

all the large wheel versions of those.

and older 125s

but whatever it is.

it has to be a two smoke :biggrin:

that's what my husby said...the yz 85 is NASTY fast, especially compared to our old crf80

get out there and get a job daveeeeyyy

the yz 85 is a mean bike and it has very good top end power but it is a little lazy on bottom end. Trust me the yz will hall ass for a little guy!! ohyea it has (NO) problem out running the 300 ex.

WOW

the more im looking into doing this the better it sounds..

check out this ad i found,,

2001 Yamaha YZ80 - new top end,new brake pads,new swing arm bushing, DC plastics, ready to ride. 900$

sounds sweeeeetttt

wahooo sounds like you found a good one TB, now get out there and bust your hiney so you can actually get it and beat the 300ex'ssssss!