Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

i was wondering how fast these little things are..

like..could a cr,rm,kx 80-85

beat a 300ex in a drag?

i was thinking of saving a little money and buying one..

just for fun..i find em in auto traders all the time for lie 900$.

we just got rid of an 05 crf80....my honey said that it owldn't beat a 300ex...but our friend has a yz85 and that thing is NASTY! It might be pretty comparable to the 300....

but none the less, our 80 was super fun!!

the crf is four stroke..

the cr is two stroke..

the two stroke is supposed to be pretty quick.

great power/weight ratio..

just trying to see what people think of them and what they can keep up with speed wise.

is the yz a 2 stroke? cause thats pretty nasty they say...

sorry I dont know too mch about dirtbikes...

the f stands for "Four" i think..as in fourstroke

so id its just RM, YZ, KX, CR then its two

if its CRF,RMZ,YZF,KXF its four.

and i hear the CR is faster than the YZ.

but ours is a crf, and the yz could blow it away. so maybe ones the four and the others a two..

If you had a CRF you had a four stroke which is why you couldn't beat a 300 fourstroke.

A CR80 and a 300ex I think would be about even.

i found a 98 yz80 for 675$

im looking into it..

but i doubt i can get that one..i need the money first lol

looking for a job soon..

Those little 80's are rockets! I believe they have the BEST power to weight ratio of any machine!

the ones ill be keeping an eye for are

kx80-85

cr85r

rm85

yz80-85

all the large wheel versions of those.

and older 125s

but whatever it is.

it has to be a two smoke :biggrin:

that's what my husby said...the yz 85 is NASTY fast, especially compared to our old crf80

get out there and get a job daveeeeyyy

the yz 85 is a mean bike and it has very good top end power but it is a little lazy on bottom end. Trust me the yz will hall ass for a little guy!! ohyea it has (NO) problem out running the 300 ex.

WOW

the more im looking into doing this the better it sounds..

check out this ad i found,,

2001 Yamaha YZ80 - new top end,new brake pads,new swing arm bushing, DC plastics, ready to ride. 900$

sounds sweeeeetttt

wahooo sounds like you found a good one TB, now get out there and bust your hiney so you can actually get it and beat the 300ex'ssssss!

i wanted to know the 300ex cause thats liek the main ride aroudn here for people..

i know 3. lol

and i will kill them lol.

O

what about a warrior..my friend has one and thinks its the baddest thing in the world lol

don't know too much about warriors....never knew anyone that owned one. the banshee and raptors our friends owned were pretty nasty, so i'm going to guess the warrior's about the same...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Frank Angerano
      So here’s a question. I have seen a few members that have recently purchased a used bike.   Also a HUGE amount of so called new members who have purchased a used bike and have come here “just here for a manual”.
      Some have been disappointed with the bikes and or knew they were getting a broken bike with some mechanical  experience thinking hey I can fix it.   So here’s my take on buying a used bike. Anyone who has followed some of mine and other members posts about what to look for when buying a used bike here’s a few pointers on what to look for. 
      1. I always check the oil and look for moisture, metal shavings and color. 
      2. Feel the compression or take a compression tester with you. 
      3. Check for spark (if the bikes not running)
      4. Take a small jumper pack to verify that the starter cycle works and the bike cranks.
      5. Look for bent or cracked frame/welding that was done on the frame from maybe a wreck.
      5. Mismatch plastics by looking under neath.  
      7. Bolts on the engine/frame that look like they are stripped from someone taking the bike apart. 
      8. Any kind of scilicone or gasket adhesive that was used on a cover plate or engine seem where the engine was taken apart.  
      9. Patches on the exhaust pipes with sheet metal or jb weld patch material.  
      10. Wiring messes on the harness like bundles of tape where the harness was opened up and taped up  for an after market device or just plain butchered up.  
      11. Put the bike in gear (running or not) and roll the bike back and forth to see that the gears work and you feel resistance like the engine is trying to spin while pushing it forward as if you were push starting it   
      12. I keep a vin# decoder website on my phone as a favorite to double check the year of the bike .
      All though nothing is fool proof these tips will help you along while buying a used bike. Not only that but  it will help you negotiate a fair price for a bike that may have one of the above problems.  
      I have minimized this entire process down to about 15 mins. I buy all the time so I don’t expect you to do the same or have a compression tester etc but use some of these tips when buying and go into the purchase with confidence! 
      I would like to hear anyone else that has any input on buying a bike and what to  look for! 

• By BuckBilly
      I'm really considering this utv. Before any negative comments about this machine remember I did everything I wanted with a 250 Ozark. My 09 rubicon was over kill. I'll use it for snow plowing bulldozing logging and cruising. So I can spend 8,500 on a ruby or the 500 pioneer.  
    • By Brutus25
      Little history, when it would get hot it would loose power, backfire and quit. Let it sit for an hour and it would crank right up, that is why I suspect the coil is bad. It ran when I brought it home from hunting but now the starter isn’t working thus I’m thinking relay or fuse. Engine will turn over with pull start but won’t start. Also the winch solenoid just clicks but winch won’t work. I’ve replaced the rear axles, wheel bearings, brakes, ignition switch, tires carb rebuild and other stuff and I’m frustrated and tired of working on it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    • By bradleyheathhays
      '11 Grizz 700 here.  Since I've got some warm weather these next couple days I've decided to start the bike after about a year of just sitting.  Took out the plug and sprayed a good amount of fogging oil on top of the piston to help lubricate things.  After about a minute of letting it soak I stuck my air line tubing in to suck out the excess, but it seems like I didn't get nearly as much in return.  Repositioned the tube enough so that everything that was gonna come out pretty much did.  I'll probably shoot some compressed air down the plug hole before doing the start just to make sure it's all out, as well as cranking it for a second before putting the plug back in.   How long would it take for a bit of standing fogging oil to seep past the piston rings, and where would it go?  I guess into the engine oil?  The oil was fairly new the last time it was started but I'm sure it could stand to be changed after sitting for so long.  If much of this fogging oil got into the engine oil should I do the change before the startup?
    • By Gunny
      Haven't been tracking because I was down with a cold. And it really sucked because we had several storms come thru and put down some nice fresh snow. But it's all good now. Except now, the temps are really going to start going up which means the snow is melting fast. But I got out on 27 Mar & the tracking was AWESOME !!! Hope you enjoy the video !!!

• Similar Tagged Content

• By knkyle
      I have been working on a golf cart project for the last 4 months and ran into a major problem today, I have a 98 zr 500 snowmobile engine that I am planning to run in the reverse direction. I have set the timing to the opposite side of TDC and turned the pull starter around and come to find out, that I don't get any spark when pulling on the rope. I tested the wires going to the CDI and none of them get any power so I assumed that my stator wont work in reverse. Can I run power to the CDI from a battery and make it run? If so, what wire needs the power? If I can get it running, My next step is going to be to try and make it run on HHO and still inject the 2 cycle oil to keep it from overheating and ware out too quickly.
      Has anyone ever found a way to turn a 2 stroke into a glo engine?
      Im sure there is someone out there who is smart enough to tell me how to make this work.
    • By marioweldinginc
      nothing but problems. Ill talk more when my motor gets back!
      :aargh::aargh::aargh:
    • By marioweldinginc
      I read alot of posts about owners refusing to pay $10+ for a quart of atv oil. Going to Wallys,Autozone, Pepboys, I cant find atv oil less than 10 bux. Am i looking at the wrong oil? Im talking about oil specifically made for wet clutches. I just bought mobil1 10-40 4t synthetic (didnt have semi) and itvwas 13 a quart. lucas oil semi synthetic 20-50 was $10 a quart. Honda lube is 17 a quart and 22 a quart
      Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
    • By bbbbirdman
      I'm having problem with my quad it don't wanna idle it's like it's not sucking the gas what could it be the rings or reeds?
    • By Pennywise
      2000 2 stroke polaris xplorer 400
      just bought quad goes into low gear reverse but high gear it grinds going in and when i do get it in it pops back out into netrual some times it will go into high gear Can anybody help me???????