Quantcast

570 aftermarket boot replacement (it's been a while)

First of all sorry I have been MIA here for a while, been busy with school and work.  I'll try and reply on some other threads asap, but posting this one because I just picked up a 2017 sportsman 570 before the new year and popped a boot on it going through a mud hole.  The former owner had aftermarket axles on it to accommodate the 4in lift and idk what brand they are but they're skinny as heck and idk what boot to buy to rebuild with?  It's the rear right lower boot (under the brake calp.).  I'll post some pics when I can and sorry again I've missed yall on the forum!

• Like 1

20191228_171842.jpg

20191228_171809.jpg

20191228_171751.jpg

Sorry was having wifi trouble couldn't get pics up last night.  So I tried a oem boot and clamping it as tight as i could and it still popped off.  Maybe what@06kfx440 was saying would work but I'm leaving rn-  just gonna run it easy and keep it outa mud and if the axle breaks it breaks😆👍

I did order a boot that I think will work, I'll let yall know

Edited by JacobSlabach

Got it done.  So I ordered a front end lower boot and it fit great!  Bought off amazon.  Heres some pics.  Super easy to disassemble these cv axles if you have the right tools. 

I bought a cv clamp tightener/cremper and a set of circlip pliers and pics and swapped a lower boot in prolly 2 hours or less (including disassembly and reassembly of the atv.

You can see in the first pic I was able to clamp the stock boot with a pipe clamp, but the lower end came apart and lost the clamp.

these pics are kinda in order of how I replaced the boot 

20200115_170934.jpg

20200115_165952.jpg

20200115_165949.jpg

20200115_165132.jpg

20200115_165145.jpg

20200115_171749.jpg

Never mind they didnt upload in the right order

Edited by JacobSlabach

• 4 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, toy4wd said:

Good to see you got it fixed, I think you can also measure the axle at the 2 clamping locations for the boot and get a boot based on those measurements if the origin of the axle is unknown.

Great advice and that’s actually exactly what I did.  Found out the reason the boot popped was because the boots were too wide and rubbed on the hub.  Just rubbed until they got a hairline crack all around and started to leak.  (The other lower boot started leaking too for the same reason)

• 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn. 
    • By Drillbit
      Hi all, from Virginia here. This winter I bought a old Atv to tinker with and have really enjoyed it. Thanks for this forum.