Quantcast

2006 Suzuki King Quad 300 Fowling Plug

Puda

• Admin changed the title to 2006 Suzuki King Quad 300 Fowling Plug
  • 2 months later...

Is there any blow back at filter(popping, backfiring, coughing, spitting fuel back etc?)?. If There is you need to check valve clearances to make sure they are correct. You then need to clean the carburetor. The second thing to check is the ignition system.
I have run upon the following that causes the plugs to fowl out.
1. Bad fuel system or carburetor. Example had a Honda fowling plugs, coughing with reduced power and otherwise ran ok. I replaced the carb and it still did same thing and worse. So I took old carb apart cleaned it and adjusted it by the manual. I put it back on and machine ran good. So do not think because you buy a new carb it will always be a good one, especially these after market carbs.
2. Valves. I had one machine that backfired when you let off the accelerator, fowled out the plugs etc. The valves were to tight causing this.
3. Ignition system. Coils, CDI modules and ignition stators can be bad causing the plug not to fire hot enough. This will cause plug fowling. Had a running machine with a CDI module that was bad causing it to run a while then it would get hard to start. I removed plug and it was partially fowled out(it was still firing but not 100% so it was hard starting. I also had a machine that had a resistive ground that caused the ignition not to fire hot enough.
4. Engine cylinder compression. If the cylinder compression is low it will also cause plug fowling.

There is many many thing that can cause plug fowling.
Hope this info helps you find your problem. 
There is in the service manuals a troubleshooting guide that will help you locate the probable cause. I suggest you get a service manual and read it. Even though I am familiar with ATVs I always get a service manual when the problem is more then just a bad switch or lose wire.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By cavry
      Wiring shows White and Brown to solenoid blades. Then a black wire from starter circuit relay to solenoid. I am confused,  where is that black wire supposed to connect?
      Thanks for any help
      Cavry
    • By NZrider
      My king quad 700 runs rough when cold then won't start some times but not often when it's hot. And occasionally smoke's a lot when it's cold I'm guessing that's rings but I'm worried unless it's causing the other problems

All help is appreciated thanks
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Whiterabbit
      3500lb, synthetic rope lead and everything needed to install for........................................ $89 bucks!  I'm installing one on my '01 Bombardier Quest and it looks like a legit buy. If you have a RK nearby & you need a winch you might want to swing by before they disappear.