Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1997 Kawasaki KLF 300 No Spark

maddj63

I recently purchased a 1997 KLF 300, and I also need a service manual.  I have no spark.  I’ve replaced the CDI and coil with spark plug wire coming from it but still no spark.

I need the correct ohms for the stator on my 1997 Kawasaki KLF 300.  Does anyone have that information?

I also need the ohm measurement for the pickup coil on my 1997 Kawasaki KLF 300.  Does anyone have this information?

I checked the pickup coil on my 1997 Kawasaki KLF 300 and it measures 438 ohms?  Is that good or bad?

12 hours ago, maddj63 said:

The repair manual is there, but I need to post 4 more times after this one to be able to access it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

That did not work.  It merges my replies.  I'll keep posting.  Thanks for your help. Jeremy

Ha.. Nice try..

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I personally understand the plight of people dealing with this situation on this forum. I have scoured the internet for a free manual for my 4 wheeler and this is the only place. I'm sure this is the situation for many people, many of these people are not used to being forum members. While the may be a perfect candidate for someone who will be helpful down the road they may not be familiar with the etiquette of sites like this and they have a problem to which they are looking for an answer. While I appreciate this site for the community, information, and the offered download section. I am just now discovering it, but at the same time I need the manual for the 4 wheeler I just bought. I absolutely get what the mods are trying to do with this requirement, but it seems that it will inevitably lead to people doing things such as the OP (who by the way was much better in his execution then some of the people I have come across in my short time on this forum). It comes down to a situation such as not reading a warning label on a product before using or signing a terms of use without actually reading it. People are just in a hurry to get what they need and probably aren't taking a very long time to read the wall of text that accompanies signing up. Some gentle explanation and pointers from more established members is all that's required for most people to get them to realize the actual purpose of this rule and abide by it.

Just to point out I normally wouldn't have even responded to a post such as this, but I too am hoping to finish my 10 posts. While I have been doing a lot of perusing around the site to find information the last 3 days I have little to no input to give people because I haven't had the chance to learn about particular 4 wheelers myself yet which is why I say there's people that may be very useful parts of this community in the future, but they need a bone thrown to them right now, because the need the opportunity to learn. I love forums and now that I just bought a new to me 4 wheeler and will be working on it, I will be keeping an eye on this forum and helping people where my knowledge base will allow.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, PineAppleCawks said:

I personally understand the plight of people dealing with this situation on this forum. I have scoured the internet for a free manual for my 4 wheeler and this is the only place. I'm sure this is the situation for many people, many of these people are not used to being forum members. While the may be a perfect candidate for someone who will be helpful down the road they may not be familiar with the etiquette of sites like this and they have a problem to which they are looking for an answer. While I appreciate this site for the community, information, and the offered download section. I am just now discovering it, but at the same time I need the manual for the 4 wheeler I just bought. I absolutely get what the mods are trying to do with this requirement, but it seems that it will inevitably lead to people doing things such as the OP (who by the way was much better in his execution then some of the people I have come across in my short time on this forum). It comes down to a situation such as not reading a warning label on a product before using or signing a terms of use without actually reading it. People are just in a hurry to get what they need and probably aren't taking a very long time to read the wall of text that accompanies signing up. Some gentle explanation and pointers from more established members is all that's required for most people to get them to realize the actual purpose of this rule and abide by it.

Just to point out I normally wouldn't have even responded to a post such as this, but I too am hoping to finish my 10 posts. While I have been doing a lot of perusing around the site to find information the last 3 days I have little to no input to give people because I haven't had the chance to learn about particular 4 wheelers myself yet which is why I say there's people that may be very useful parts of this community in the future, but they need a bone thrown to them right now, because the need the opportunity to learn. I love forums and now that I just bought a new to me 4 wheeler and will be working on it, I will be keeping an eye on this forum and helping people where my knowledge base will allow.

I appreciate your post but I'm not sure I get the point or what the issue is. For anyone that doesn't want to participate, they have an option to pay $29 for a premium membership and bypass this rule. That's for an entire year. Once again, $29 for a year, plus...no ads. This is a forum/community first and a downloads section second, free for members who participate. Without participation, it will go away. Due to facebook and large social networks taking up most of the online participation, we had to do something to stimulate activity. As it is, everyone joining is mostly posting mechanical help topics, which is great, but all the "sharing of activity", photos, and such, has mostly moved to facebook, instagram, etc. 

Here are the options:

There should be no confusion about this. You can find 100s of other sites to go to. If there is someting of need, then its something of value. Join our community and participate or pay for a membership to bypass participation. 😁

On 3/9/2022 at 6:34 AM, maddj63 said:

The repair manual is there, but I need to post 4 more times after this one to be able to access it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

That did not work.  It merges my replies.  I'll keep posting.  Thanks for your help. Jeremy

This is exactly what we try and prevent, gaming the system...you can always purchase a $29 yearly membership to bypass posting: https://www.quadcrazy.com/subscriptions

On 3/6/2022 at 8:46 PM, maddj63 said:

I recently purchased a 1997 KLF 300, and I also need a service manual.  I have no spark.  I’ve replaced the CDI and coil with spark plug wire coming from it but still no spark.

I need the correct ohms for the stator on my 1997 Kawasaki KLF 300.  Does anyone have that information?

I also need the ohm measurement for the pickup coil on my 1997 Kawasaki KLF 300.  Does anyone have this information?

I checked the pickup coil on my 1997 Kawasaki KLF 300 and it measures 438 ohms?  Is that good or bad?

i have.  manual for a 2003 kllf just to be sure its a Lakotta ? Im almost plsitve the years are interchangeable when i get home ill post info i willl try to see if I have it on my phone 

On 3/6/2022 at 8:46 PM, maddj63 said:

i have.  manual for a 2003 kllf just to be sure its a Lakotta ? Im almost plsitve the years are interchangeable when i get home ill post info i willl try to see if I have it on my phone   actually I think ur talking about  a Bayou i have a Lakota its a KEF