Quantcast

Hisun 500 --- can't find carb, air intake, or choke! (Who feels dumb?)

denno

Greetings.  We just got this from my sister-in-law.  (Bet she doesn't know, either!)
First the battery was wimpy.  I discovered this battery needs to be filled (hadn't seen such in decades), and that NAPA sells the acid. 
Now feels like it's not getting enough gas to catch.  Added gas.  No change.  I would normally now try the choke, or starter fluid in the intake.  Cannot find those!  Cannot find a diagram.  Oy!

Can you quit laughing long enough to help, please?

Thanx

OK.  "They say" not to respond to your own topic, as people will assume it's been solved.
Not solved.  Went through the process yesterday with someone who knows more about such rigs than I do.
Located the air intake under the center console.  But no sign that, even though Amazon appears to sell choke cables, there is any provision for a choke on this machine.
We put in some drygas, cleaned up the spark plug, hooked up a jumper cable so the power would not run out, and repeatedly tried started fluid and alternately pumping the pedal and not pumping the pedal.  (No smell of gas as in flooding.)

A couple of stutters, very minor, but no sense it was going to turn over. 
This forum doesn't seem programmed to indicate whether anyone has read a post, so I dunno.
If you have any suggestions before I have to wrestle it onto the trailer and down to the shop, I would be grateful.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By CaptJim
      Hello guys, I hope I am not invading your space, but as you can see the current state of my project here it's not but about 50% ATV. I am hoping that some one here can point me to a wiring schematic that I can reference since the "Complete wiring harness" i purchased from Amazon did not include a diagram of any kind.

The ones that I am finding on line vary greatly but none show the connections for the separate 5 wire connector coming from the motor.

Can someone tell me where these wires go?

Thanks in advance for all help!
    • By STLJ
      Hope everyone is having a great weekend,
      While riding my quad just quit, I mean dead. No life on the dash, no crank and obesity no start. 
      Had a quick look under the plastic, batt reading 12.7v power at the key switch.
      Changed the power pack, still no luck.
      Anyone else have similar problems?
      I don't see a fuse box/panel, is there fusible links in the system? If so where di I start looking?

SK
    • By p5200
      Hello folks, I have a Polaris 500 Scrambler. Not positive I need a new battery.  The folks I got the ride from said they put a new battery on it right before selling it to me. It's been a couple cold months before I tried starting it. After jumping it now, I let it idle plus revved it quite a bit for about 20 minutes. Then I shut it off and tried to restart barely turns over and that's it? Am I not giving it enough charge time maybe need to actually ride it? The battery on it is a Continental CTX9-BX. I lf a new battery is needed would maybe Amazon have a decent one? Thanks!
    • By Frank Angerano
      So I decided to pick up a small trailer if I could get one for the right price.  I found this one for a few hundred bucks on Craig’s list.  It is  a galvanized trailer which is exactly what I was looking for. The wood was shot and needed some minor repairs which I could care less about as long as the chassis was good. 
      I striped it down and put a new deck on. I had some vinyl realtree graphics that I had laying around so I added them to the fenders which I think worked out well. Very happy with this little guy.  
      I'm having the iron workers at my jobmake me up a few lightweight side rails that will have a 22 degree bend in them to accommodate the tires that slightly hang over the edge and will incorporate some tie down points as well.