Quantcast

2005 Toy Hauler For Sale CHEAP

Guest CycleTrendz

Guest CycleTrendz

I'm selling my 2005 Forest River Work and Play 26DB Toy Hauler. Best I can do is $14,800 which is way less than I owe. My loss, your gain. I will pay off remainder of loan before I take money so title can be sent immediately upon release!

Please contact me if you have any questions.

[email protected]

Thanks

Guest CycleTrendz

Thanks, we do miss it, but no longer use it. Payments would be in the 150-175 a month range on an RV loan. Plus it's tax deductable as a second home!

Guest CycleTrendz

It works just like a home loan, all your interest paid is tax deductable. You won't find this model anywhere close to what I'm selling it for...I've been looking to make sure! (Best place for a loan is USAA if you can get on with them.) I did alot of searching online to find the best rate.

also, i would need to haul 2 quads, would they fit?
Shouldnt be a problem. Says it will hold 2 or 3 quads. Cant speak for his mileage, but mine drops from 15 to 10 in my '02 Dodge with a 4.7 gas when I pull a trailer. Thats a good price. Shouldnt be hard to get a loan on that one.

Guest CycleTrendz

2 quads would be easy! It's 7'6-9" X 11'3-9" cargo area.

MPG on the diesel was 15mpg at 60mph and 10mpg at 70+mph when it was fully loaded.

Guest CycleTrendz
Man,,,,,Im on the Fence here......I hate to say it but there are Way Better Deals out there....I hate to see someone throw money away....You can Get Brand New 08 or 09 for just a 1500.00 Bucks more from Fun Runner....

http://www.performancespecialty.com/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=11

Lol, you are comparing apples to oranges! The Work and Play sells for $22,500+ new. The units you are referring to in the link are open on the inside, (gas smell), are not built as well, are heavier than the work and play, have smaller tanks, less sleeping area, no freezer, the bathroom sink/toilet are in with the shower (all in one space, so you can poop and shower at the same time, what a design there I tell ya :laugh:), less width room in cargo area b/c of the dinettes, resale value doesn't hold up...my 2005 Blue Book is more than these BRAND NEW! The 2008 18foot Work and Play is over 15K new!

So yes; there are better deals if you don't mind smelling gas all the time, use more fuel to pull it, drop value quickly, isn't made as sturdy, isn't coming from a well known company, smaller in most aspects, you can't have your toys inside while you sleep over night (easy for someone to steal your toys since they aren't inside with you), and you really think you will enjoy taking a poop while you shower at the same time.

This is just my opinion though. Would have been nice if you stated some facts or simply stated something like, ("If you are looking for something less expensive"; or "If you want more of an entry level toyhauler").

Sincerely,

Jason

You are Right Jason,,,,,I apologize.....

I should have done a Comparison before I posted...

However,,,,,

The Carson Units have been around a long time....I have friends that own these Trailers and they hold up very nicely....And they get USED.....

Ive had Several Toyhaulers.....I even ordered a Carson several yrs ago...But found a Good Used Thor Hauler the next day that I couldnt pass up....I have since moved on and as of Today I have owned a New KZ for a yr now.....It has had alot of problems....and in fact I hauled it down to the Dealer yesterday for several Warranty Items....

All I was really trying to say is to keep her eyes open.....That is a lot of money to throw down on a Whim without Checking around.....Im sure your a decent person and I wish you luck in your Sale.....

Sincerely

Craig

This is the one that I ordered.....

the big picture

8 1/2 ft wide-body

120 gal water tank

40 gal grey tank

40 gal black tank

Range w/oven

Roll-up-carpet

Loft rear queen bed

Two 5-gal LPG tanks

Winguard TV Antenna

Ramp door opening -

• w/loft 89” X 63”

• no loft 89” X 79”

Kitchen sink

Monitor Panel

6 gal water heater

Smoke tinted windows

Corner Glass shower

Air Conditioner

Exterior shower

Two dinette,sofa/bed

96” cargo area width

4 Tie Downs D-Rings

Drop leg front jack

Check out our options pages for options and prices.

Ask about a $600.00 Discount

(Revised 11/02/07)

R-7 insulation

Exterior stripe

Overhead cabinets in living area

Full floor linoleum

Cable assisted Ramp door

Interior 12 volt lighting

Generator capability built in or storage area

Awning

Overhead storage in front bed area

Aerodynamic slant-roof

Storage under bed entry-steps

Pass-thru storage under front bed area

Furnace

Pantry/Storage in entry area

Storage above & below refer area

Medicine cabinet with mirror

Mini blinds

2-door 6 cu ft Refer

Stereo pre-wiring

Full bathroom, w/sink/storage and two wardrobe closets

Two RV batteries

Raised Roof

Yours,,,,

2005 FOREST RIVER 26DB, 2005 FOREST RIVER Toyhauler 26DB, REDUCED...Immaculate Condition! Everything included, just hook and go, Priced Below Value to sell quickly! $14,800 757-672-9323 14' Living Quarters 8 'x12' Cargo Area Electric Tongue Jack & Spare Motor Double Well Stainless Steel Sink Three Burner Cook Top 6 Gallon Fast Recovery Water Heater 30 Amp Converter Non-Skid Flooring in Cargo Area (Set up to haul 1 bike, can haul 2 maybe 3) Mini Blinds and Valances Smooth Fiberglass Exterior RV Door with Screen Bathroom enclosed with separate shower and toilet 26 x 36 Standing Shower with Curtain Twin 30 lb. Propane Tanks Transition Flap Between Ramp & Floor Extra Interior Width Due To Wall Thickness Extra Interior Height One-Piece Aluminum Roof 2-5200 lb. Axles Full Steel 4-1/4" C-Channel Roof Trusses, 16" On Center Cargo area converts into 3 beds, 2 bunk, 1 double Frig, Freezer and Microwave Awning on side Extra Partition Wall Roof A/C ducted front and rear Heat ducted Stabilizer Jacks Insulated Ceiling TV Antenna and dish (never used dish) Floor D-Rings battery Box Diamond Plate Ramp Door (2 tracks) Add-A-Wall (Screened Wall Covering the Rear Opening) AM/FM CD Stereo 24 " tall Diamond Plate Protection on front of camper Aluminum Wheel Upgrade Spare Tire Everything I have for it goes with sale!!! Also including the generator with sale. Priced Below Book to sell quickly. Call for details or questions. 757-672-9323 $14,800, 7576729323

A 4K Difference,,,,,,NEW with Warranty....To me that is peace of mind,,,,Us with Haulers or any trailer for that matter know that things will go wrong.....And when they do they are Spendy ones...

Craig

Guest CycleTrendz

Not bad for an entry level toyhauler. When I purchased mine; I realized "I" didn't want an open cargo/sleeping area b/c of the fume smell. I would upgrade the front hitch to electric and put two 30lb propane tanks on the one you mentioned. It's a pain cranking that thing up and down and I guess you would need to fill those small propane tanks often.

Whatever she chooses will hopefully be what she was looking for though.

Not bad for an entry level toyhauler. When I purchased mine; I realized "I" didn't want an open cargo/sleeping area b/c of the fume smell. I would upgrade the front hitch to electric and put two 30lb propane tanks on the one you mentioned. It's a pain cranking that thing up and down and I guess you would need to fill those small propane tanks often.

Whatever she chooses will hopefully be what she was looking for though.

Explain to me the Difference Between Entry Level Design and FAB compared to Mid and Top of the line Haulers....What Products do they have in their Design that make it More than "Entry Level" Other than the Name on the side....

When was the last time you went through a Tank of Propane on a Weekend or even a Week for that matter....I just Went through a Tank Last trip....Took me 1 yr to do that...That ran the Heater, Stove, Oven, and Fridge...Im not Stingy on using it either...

I dont see the need to Upgrade....

As for the Jack....Yeah,,,,I can see where the upgrade is nice....But,,,Its not necessary...Thats a 3-5 hundred dollar Bill that can be Spent in Different Upgrades....

I will Clean this thread up if you like.......I Seem to have Hijacked it.....I would however, like to continue this Discussion in the regular Forum....Its a Good Topic and one that hasnt been covered here.....

MWKE

Guest CycleTrendz

When you compare a 15-16K dollar camper to a 22+ it's not a fair comparison. I'm not saying that the one you posted is not a good one; just not the same category. That toyhauler will do the trick for anyone; I personally liked the Work and Play the best out of all the toyhaulers in the 15-25K range. The Raptor is probably the best by far...but thats a 32-40ft 5th wheel that looks like a 100K dollar motor home on the inside. My team mate has owned a Toybox ($16K) and now has the 5th wheel 36ft Raptor.

Yes, one weekend will not empty the tanks; but of the 2 I've had, both had twin 30lb tanks; so do all the Campmaster and other mid-high level haulers/campers. I have mine filled once at the begining of the season and top it off when the cooler weather comes in just to be safe.

The cabinets seemed to be a little better made, the fittings on the water hoses, the fabric on the couch/dinnette, the flooring seems to be a little thicker, the D-rings are bigger/thicker, the wheels look much nicer, the flat gel coat finish on the outside is much easier to clean and doesn't get the runs like the metal finish of most campers, the shower is much bigger.....please keep in mind these are just my opinions on all the toyhaulers I have been in while looking before I purchased mine and all the ones I have been in since 2003.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...