Quantcast

My 1992 Suzuki king quad won’t take gas on throttle.

JohnKramer

• Admin changed the title to My 1992 Suzuki king quad won’t take gas on throttle.

So describe what happens ?  Does it cut right out and stop, drone away trying to draw air and fuel, stutter like someone's flicking the switch on and off ? Does it do this sitting in neutral or only under load.

Have you tried it with the headlights on? Does it rev higher with the light on ?

Have you tried a new spark plug ? Have you checked the air-cleaner? Have you checked the exhaust isn't blocked ?

When and how did this start ? Has it been sitting, were you riding it when it started, have you owned the bike for long ?

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By Topendcol
      First issue was fuel pump wont start once ignition has been turned on. Replaced the pump as I had one on hand, than noticed no power so replaced the fuel pump relay as that was were i traced the power to. Still nothing so further inspection looks like signal is coming from the PCM (FLR B20) but not switching the the brown wire to the fuel pump. Ive checked the operation of the bank angle sensor and it appears operational. Fuses and wiring all appear OK. The engine stop relay also tests OK. Ive been through the repair manual and diagrams but to no avail. Fully stumped, any tips would be helpful. Thanks
      Col
    • By joshua91673
      hi every one .anyone out there my issue is my kick start wont stay out  i have to have some one pull it out.  it pull out easy just wont stay out to kick it over .kicks over and starts no problem 
      also does this quad have a ajust mint for the rear spring .it sags when i get on it .or is this normal . thanks guys for your time 
      first post 

josh ohio
    • By That229Yamaha
      Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. What I got is a 2001 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250, got it as a project on trade and the problem I’m dealing with is a “no spark” problem and been trying to hunt down the cause for two weeks. I’ve replaced the stator, pick up coil, CDI, wiring harness, ignition, coil pack, spark plug, solenoid, battery, etc. and I’m still not getting any luck. Even tried bypassing the kill switch. I also noticed two things on this quad, another CDI under the back plastic by the voltage regulator, and a blue and green wire coming from the motor behind  the foot shift, tried to hook it up but it broke off and I’m thinking the broken wire would cause it to have no spark, if not then I need someone’s help on this and wanna see if I can get spark again. If anyone knows why I have this problem, the help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Makj44
      As it should be easy to see I am not a four wheeler mechanic so I apologize for asking for help, I replaced my OEM carburetor with a aftermarket carburetor and with y’all’s help adjusted the air/ fuel and it ran great until this evening and I noticed a smell of fuel I inspected carburetor area and found a steady flow at the vent line on the bottom of the carburetor so my question is is the float the only thing that will cause this problem? Before I installed the carburetor I checked the jets for tightness and they all seemed fine?