Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

help me make my decision...

Toreyjw1

i currently dont have a quad, i have two dirt bikes; a bored xr80r and a crf150 and basically, im tired of them. i go trail-riding with my friends alot but hate sitting back and watch them have fun on their quads while im stuck to long wheelies and small jumps. i use my friends lt230 ALOT... its a mid 80's suzuki and its pretty fun and fairly quick. its just that i dont want to tear his four-wheeler up.. so basically i want my own. i came pretty close to buying a yfz450 (2005) a while back but chickened out (5 thousand dollars intimidated me)

-I WANT SOMETHING CHEAP AND FAST OR SLOW THAT CAN BE MADE FAST

-not over 2000

-maybe a blaster?

give me your feedback!

thanks

you sure can, i bought my 400ex for 1500, it's a 2000 but the ppl that had it before me didnt ride it like at all, so it was in almost perfect condition but they sold it so cheap because of its age.

anywho, i love my 400, when i'm ready for a new one thats what i'll be buying again...and the aftermarket parts on it just make it that much better :) it's an awesomely reliable quad.

Awesome guys! i really appreciate the feed back! i know the cycle shoppe in my town has a 400ex up their last month. hopefully its still up there so i can go give it a test ride.. but apparently thats a good quad cause i know a couple people have previously owned one and they loved em. i just assumed they would be more money since its a 400 and all..

is it kinda sporty?... i kinda wanna stay from the utility aspect of ATV's because i want more performance than usability. that defines a true beast (yfz450).. lamo!

Anytime that you are trying to do a fast start. Like in a drag race or getting the hole shot, Put all your weight over the gas tank. Let her rip, as soon as you get past the point of the quad wanting to stand up put all your weight to the back to mash the tires into the ground for better traction.

Anytime that you are trying to do a fast start. Like in a drag race or getting the hole shot, Put all your weight over the gas tank. Let her rip, as soon as you get past the point of the quad wanting to stand up put all your weight to the back to mash the tires into the ground for better traction.

thanks for the advise, i never knew that

I've never ridden a 400EX;but I'd recomend a Suzuki Z400.To my knowledge they all came with reverse whereas I don't think all the 400ex's did.I ride trails and woods alot and reverse is really handy for gettin yourself out of a sticky spot.I'd go and test ride as many quads as you can to make a well informed decision on your own.Hope this helps...

I've never ridden a 400EX;but I'd recomend a Suzuki Z400.To my knowledge they all came with reverse whereas I don't think all the 400ex's did.I ride trails and woods alot and reverse is really handy for gettin yourself out of a sticky spot.I'd go and test ride as many quads as you can to make a well informed decision on your own.Hope this helps...

youre right, reverse reallllllly helps