Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
I bought a 2003 Recon from a kid that beat it – all plastics cracked etc, When I replaced the rear brake the inside – axle, rear oil - were clean and in good shape, so I think Honda won the kid vs quad battle.
It shifts a little clunky (I made the adjustment) and after riding for a while I get a hot friction material smell I wonder if he used the wrong oil and if any damage was done.
Couple of quick points:
1. the Odyssey, or FL350R. This was 30 years ahead of it's time. Fast as greased owl crap, reliable, stupid fun. Never took off. Fast forward to the RAZR which was just replicating the FL350R. What would Honda have done with it if it took off in '85?
2. Everything about the ATC. Reliable, good power for small displacement, easy to work on, simple front to back, still running 30 years later. My son's 185s is 36 years old and outran a 400 Big Bear the other day until it ran out of gearing and the Big Bear caught it around 50 mph. I can dig a 110 out of the weeds and as long as it has a little compression, I'll make it run in 2 days for about $20. Can't do that with a Yamaha 225.
3, 1981 250R. What happens if you stick a CR250 2 stroke in a trike? Yeah, a death machine. Then by '85 the 250R had a 6 speed and would do 70 from the factory. Death Machine +2. The 250R gave birth to the trike racing circuit.
4. The ATC 70. Small, quiet and reliable. Just never took off. Gave birth to the entire small displacement chinese quad market.
5. 82 200ES - first Big Red. The BR single handedly created the UTV market as we see it today in the Ranger, Mule, etc.
6. The ENTIRE chinese quad market in front of us today came from expired Honda patents from the 80's.
7. 300 fourtrax. By far the most coveted 4x4 in the market right now, absolutely indestructible. Pick one up a couple of years old, stick massive wheels and tires on it, and you have a mud machine. Kinda like the Polaris or Can Am...but reliable. And cheap.
To be fair, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawa, all picked their game up along the way and make good ATV's. I'll leave the Polaris/CanAm discussion for another day. While Polaris gave birth to the automatic, the reliability issues of both still exist today. While great ATV's, I don't consider them any more than specialty machines.
or debate...whichever is easier.
1987 Suzuki LT 80 and 2007 Honda CRF 50 dirt bike stolen out of my driveway on July 4th. Anyone with info that recovers them will get $400 no questions asked.
The post Suzuki LT 80 Quad And Honda Dirt Bike appeared first on STOLEN 911.
View the full article
My husband and I work hard for what we have. We had our new 2016 ATV in a storage unit, as we are currently living in an apartment. Our unit was broken into, along with 94 additional units. However our 4 wheeler was the only item stolen from the entire storage facility!!! Along with this, I am an expecting mother and this is definitely a financial burden we do not need. A police report was filed, but of course there are no leads and nothing seems to be in “the works” to find our vehicle.
Please help us!!
The post STOLEN 2016 Honda Rancher 420 appeared first on Stolen 911.
View the full article
Similar Tagged Content
By Mo Salem
So my front hub broke, I’d like to put aftermarket on. Hard to find new oe ones. Please help. I’m new to all of this, I have some car knowledge and try to apply it
I'm starting this thread to list the ATVs and UTVs that currently have Bluetooth connectivity as OEM and any aftermarket products out there. Lets list and have a discussion about any new devices or atvs that are coming to the market with Bluetooth connectivity. This is probably biased towards atvs with electronic dash clusters, but with the technology changing so fast, it's good to know what's new and up 'n coming.
I read this on ATVRider...
Polaris Sportsman XP1000
The top of the line Polaris Sportsman XP1000 has an instrument cluster that features Bluetooth connectivity. This way, if you get a phone call, voice mail or text while out on the trail, you can glance down at the screen and decide if its important enough to stop and dig your phone out of your pocket.
How many atvs with electronic dashboards do you think will start to have this type of connectivity?
Check out Polaris' Ride Command: http://www.polaris.com/en-us/atv-ranger-rzr/touch-screen
Has anyone found engine oil in their air filter box. The must be little or no baffle between crankcase ventilation and that hose that attaches to the air filter box.
I went to pick up my ATV today 60 miles away that they could not fix the jerky low speeds on and before I loaded it decided to check on this. Sure enough there was a good coating of oil with some pooling in the bottom of the air filter box. The air filter has oil on it too but is it a dry element or oiled element type. My guess from the color of it dry.
I heard on a comment on my YT videos that there is a kit for this issue? Is this a CFMOTO fix?
Exploiting a loop hole in the law, turn 4 wheeler into rev trike
for a long while I have been trying to get a real 4 wheeler street legal.
the problem is with the state laws, if it has 4 wheels, its a car and has mega more rules.
If it only has 3 wheels, its a trike and can be made from cobbled junk parts held together with duct tape and they will plate it
I wonder if anyone would have insight on changing a 4 wheeler over to a single rear wheel?
[ I can't afford some $40-60,000 canam or super bike modded into a car, rev trike kit ]
I want something I can truly ride year round on and off road. Ive rode enough old Honda 3 wheelers that I know I do not want a traditional motorcycle trike. So the single wheel has to go out back.
after working great all weekend today my big bear 400 wont start. I noticed a strong gas smell, took cover off air box and found 2 inches of gas in the box. I figure this has to be a carb problem but hoping someone can pinpoint exactly what to look for/replace. thanks!
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.