Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

450 motors

YFZ450

OK i have a 06 yfz450 motor that has a hole in the bottom end by the shifter shaft and i know 04-05 yfz has 11:9.1 comp and the 06-08 have 11:4.1 if i where to use a 04-05 bottom and and mate it with my 06 head and use my 06 piston would i get the 11:9.1 comp or would i have to use the 04-05 piston?

OK, im about to atempt my first rebuild i have a manual and everything i have to put a new hot rods crank in put all the new athena gaskets i bout a 05 yfz bottom end b/c my 06 is cracked puttin my 06 head on the 05 bottom end, how hard is this to do and when i split the case whats the best way to do so and will anything come flyin out at me?

OK, im about to atempt my first rebuild i have a manual and everything i have to put a new hot rods crank in put all the new athena gaskets i bout a 05 yfz bottom end b/c my 06 is cracked puttin my 06 head on the 05 bottom end, how hard is this to do and when i split the case whats the best way to do so and will anything come flyin out at me?

Nothing should coming flying out. Lay it on it's side. It may sound like a pain but get a digital camera and take pics step by step. If you get lost anywhere you can just refer back to the photos.

So i was taking the nut off the flywheel i had the motor on its side and all of a sudden i hear something it the ground i dont know if its a bearing out of the motor or what it about 1/4 inch round and i was thinking theres noy way a bearing just feel out of this motor nothing is lose yet all the gears are still together everywhere were theres a bearing everything is still tight i dont get it and if it is a bearing i would of known i would of been able to spin the crank or anything else you can spin to move the crank, its weird

So i found out what that ball was, i was looking in the manual for once finding out what it is and the bearing looking thing is on the inside of the clutch cover theres a pin that moves on a bearing and the metal ball rest on the end of that pin

wait until it come times for the shifting mechanism, drum and shift forks...:aargh: good luck.. are you uing your 06 crank, cylinder and piston??

I got the whole engine apart,really easy if you have the smarts it isnt that hard. Ill post pics sometime soon of the engine apart and ill post more as i put everything back together

I only ran into 1 problem the bearing on the balancer one of the bearings is missing and it got chewed up in the motor i found all peices and blew them out and cleaned everything really good, im just wondering if i should get a new bearing because its only 1 small bearing that missing its like 1/4 inch long and 1/8 inch round