Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

SunLrider

best (and cheapest) tire for my needs

i need some new tires. i ride a little grass, fields, hard-medium packed trails, gravel, street, sand and mud. i wouldnt worry about the sand and mud because of my current tires. just wondering what brand, size and price, would be best for my needs.

Razors are the best tire I have ever ran. He was looking for the best tire on a budget. I would have to say that Kenda's GNCC style tire is the best "cheap" tire.

i was going to buy a whole new rim and everything so it doesnt really matter rim wise. just some cheap doglas rims

Do you want polished rims or black, There are other brands just as good as Douglas but cheaper. I would recommend some ITPs.

For the Rear.

Dirt Bike Parts, ATV parts and Motocross Gear Online - MotoSport

For the front

Dirt Bike Parts, ATV parts and Motocross Gear Online - MotoSport

The prices listed are for 2 tires mounted.

That would be about 350 bucks for 4 tires and rims. Free shipping

I might be skipping the price catagory, but he ITP Holeshots are great all round tires.

I concur!!!! I have a Set of them(Just Rear) On 9s with a 110 Bolt pattern......Great for just about every Terrain:yes:

KEWL!!!! I know my Buddy put the Bear Claws on his Zuki 400 and it totally Bogged it down.....Like I said....I have the Holeshots on my Trike.....Ive had them on the Trails but most of my riding is in the Sand and they do great on Both....My sone has the MX RAZRs on his TRX90 and they do great on the Track.....The fronts do Great on the Sand but He runs the Skat Trak paddles on the Rear......:yes:

I agree with Bot, for the "cheap" but good tire, Kenda Klaw's are it...one of our buddies that races harescrambles swears by them...

We run ITP's all around...this year I had the GNCC's in the front and HD's in the back, Nick had GNCC's all the way around...he had Razr2's at the beginning of the season and couldn't get them to hold air so now they're a back up tire....

We're in the process of getting sponsorship for new tires with ITP for next season :) :)

This is a review I found.

We have now been running the Kenda tires on project Raptor for about three months. We have primarily been running the Klaws and have completed two desert races on them. The only failure has been one right front tire where we tore a sidewall. It would be nice to have a 6-ply sidewall available in the front but it is hard to put all the blame on Kenda, since the sidewall was torn when we crashed and flipped the Raptor over backward into a desert gully. The wear has been excellent and the tires are still in very good condition. We have been very happy with the Kenda tires on Project Raptor. It appears Kenda has done their homework and has a tire that can compete with some of the longer standing tires like ITP and Maxxis. Make sure to look closely at the Kenda brand when you are ready for your next set of tires.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By 4tracker
      So many things can go wrong, while out riding, even when with others, when getting away from the group! Try to always ride with at least one other person! If your over 50 and ride alone let me know, I'll try to go with you. I know the trails pretty good, up north, around St Helen, Mi. or I'll try to try areas of the state your more accustom to. I know its too cold now, but spring will be here before you can blink an eye lol
      I can ride with the slowest dude in the pack, to WOT! Get in touch before season starts for more inf. Thanks, Steve

• By Brer Wilson
      Been cutting down all the pine trees on my land and saving the oak and hickory trees while making cool twisty trails to beat around on.  Still a lot more work to be done.
    • By 4tracker
      I'll keep looking/asking until I find someone that's in same boat, or atv as I'm in lol Well maybe not the exact same atv, any atv would be ok lol
      Riding skills from slow poke to flat WOT is fine with me, as long as were out there in Gods country!! Get in touch before the season starts to get acquainted before hand! Thanks, Steve
        LOVE MI. TRAILS!!  Lets ride!

• By RogueMX
      New to the site and I'm looking for some places to (LEGALLY) ride. I know a few places not too far from me but getting caught and over 1k in fines and criminal trespassing charges isn't on the top of my list. 
    • By Rick Shropshire
      Happy New Year all! Remember not to operate any vehicles while under the influence, you could get busted or worse, you could get hurt or hurt someone else who's playing it safe and end up in jail. Have fun and be safe.
    • By marioweldinginc
      Anyone ride sand dunes? If so what is it like.... Obviously its fun but is it a challenge is it easier is it high maintanance etc..
      Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ryan93
      my atv and the internet are telling me two different tire sizes that are way off and need help figuring it out..PLEASE HELPP
    • By auburnfan327
      I have a 2007 Honda Recon ES and need some new tires. The stock tire sizes are 22x10-9 and 22x7-11. I'm looking at some Carlisle AT489 tires but the closest sizes i can find are 22x10-10 and 22x7-12. Will they fit? Thanks.
    • By rockwell16
      great tire brands Green ball ,ITP, Maxxis and bighorn
      (GREAT NEWS ON A 2X4 YOU CAN MIX TIRE ON THE FRONT AND BACK LET ME EXPLAIN THAT MORE BACK TIRES LETS SAY YOU GO WITH THE GREEN BALL SPARTACUS TIRES ON THE BACK YOU CAN GO WITH THE MAXXIS X PATTERN FRONT TIRES CANT DO THAT ON A 4X4
    • By WhiteMooseHunter
      I have a quad (Can-Am) that takes 25 inch tires, just got a set of rims with tires that are 26's, not a whole bunch taller, don't see any problems using them? My main question, just in case I want to swap the tires in the rims, is on the rear tires.
      My original tires are 25/11/12 the replacement rims, the tires are 26/10/12. If the rims have the 26/10's now, will it work with the 25/11 tires? They appear to be the same width, are they? How can I tell what will work on the rim.
      Inside the rim, it is stamped 12/7.5 ET:+51
    • By labs3557
      I bought some stock wheels and tire that came off a Honda Foreman i believe. My problem is the rear rubbs my exhaust.
      Should I just put in a spacer and move the whole thing out an inch or two? Or should I buy 2 new wheels that have the correct backing?
      I have a 96 Fourtrax 300. the wheels that were on it are 9X9.0AT the new ones are 11X7.5AT.