Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Guest Goatman

2005 Arctic Cat 400 Axle replacement

Guest Goatman

I have a 05 400 cat and did not notice that I had torn a boot untill it was to late. The outer joint is shot. How do the axles come out? Is it a c-clip that has to be removed first or is it a pin type that can be removed with a slide hammer. Love the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you change one joint , change both on the same shaft. I have done this when helping friends change them out. On a car or truck It I change the entire shaft. Also I would change both because my luck would be to tear it apart 2 days later to change the other joint.

Guest Goatman

I priced out the shaft online and it looks like for about $200 I can get the entire " Half-Shaft" is what the part is called. Can I assume that this part is both joints and the shaft? Thanks Buck. Is the truck in the picture yours? I also have a 1978 Chev full-size with a 400 horse small block 400 and a 9" lift, lots a fun. I'm not sure why but if I can't get it stuck, I don't think I am trying hard enough!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By chevyboy
      AL righty I did some trading around this weekend and ended up picking up a few 4 wheelers for cheap. I ended up with this one for $500 in it total and well the guy told me it dropped a valve. I haven't really messed with it at all. But this weekend I am going to try and start working on it some to get it running before winter time frame. So what I am asking is a couple of questions.
      1. First off where do I start I tried pulling the pull cord and could not get it to move at all.
      2. I need to get a service manual for this 4 wheeler where can I get it downloaded for free?
      3. what do I need to look for and how do I go about this really. I do have experience with 4 wheelers but this one is a little different to me than others because its a V2 and I have no clue where to start internal on the engines. Most of my experience is on the outside portion of troubleshooting on theses wheelers.
      Please no smart butt answers as i am new to here but just wanted opinions on where to start. Please and thanks wink: