Quantcast

paint or dont????

The most popular mod I remember seeing on a Rancher was better tires. and a winch.

I'm sure the utility guys here will be full of suggestions......The last couple years for me have been mostly sport quads and 3wheelers....

Hey the USFS has a HUGE fleet of RANCHERS here, so they must be good right?

They used to keep us busy in the winter servicing hundreds of these rigs.

Have a good time!

Edited by Raptor8

painting the rims is good idea i painted my stock cat rims with black rustoleum paint..make sure the rim is clean and you also should sand the rim so the paint has something to grip to but use very high grit sand paper u dont want grooves dug into ur rims..... what would you like to o to your atv do you want looks or performance to be first? how much are you willing to spend?? is your rancher efi?

Edited by outlander560

if u want to get tires and rims i suggest you do some performance mods as well to keep up with the tires theirs an outlaw superduty clutch kit on High Lifter a bayuo snorkel kit hmf exhaust and a supertrap exhaust just go on the website and search for vehicle info... the clutch kit is one of the best things i could have bought for my cat at 118 bucks i think you would be happy with it...

you have a pretty nice lookin machine...the rims will make a big difference....it will match all the way around with the racks and everything...newer tires when you need them too will make it look nasty. you could always paint the racks too if you need them painted....keep your paint scheme together...slap some stickers on there if you wanna feel like you're a factory rider :)

and, you can always take a look at other people's quads to get ideas for some cosmetic work of your own....

as far as performance issues, you can look into the clutch kit, but check out an exhaust as well...

ill keep that in mind, and yeah i used to ride dirtbikes and then i out grew them and my bro wanted a fourwheeler but i wanted a racing so i could go fast and jump. When i got that rancher omg i fell in love. these things are great. especially with the fuel inject thing. but yeah i will look into that clutch kit.

it's a quad, not a BOAT. it's not built for this.

PLUS all the knuckleheads riding thru streambeds has CLOSED several Oregon trail systems.....it's NOT the sport guys, it's the utility riders. sport quads dont have fenders and low gears.

What possessed you to try and make a boat or submarine of the damm thing anyway?

This is NOT doing the sport any good. Kindly stay the hell out of the water unless: 1. it is YOURS, 2.there is a SIGN that says you can enter it,if there is NO sign then DO NOT enter it, and 3. USE COMMON SENSE. Perhaps you folks would be happier with bass boats.

Sorry, but this really annoys me and it is all over our videos etc and the environazis are just eating this up. "how I destroyed a trout creek today" how many HUNDREDS of videos? If you want a boat, buy a damm boat. If you want a quad, then outclimb my sportquad on a long hill, go thru deep snow, push a plow, push a snowplow, pull a road sled, haul a hay trailer, go out in the woods and jump over logs! There are many tasks the utility quad is especially designed to do. QUIT screwing with the creekbeds!!!!!!

It is a REALLY touchy subject in the Northwest and will be in your statehouse before long. Count on it.

even though i said i might put a snorkel on my atv it was just an idea... and i agree with Raptor8 100% although a bit harsh..i would never ride in any creek the only time i do is when its an inch deep and i have to cross it.. i would surely be pissed if someone started messing in the creek by my house and destroying the creek.. and i only ride in mud pits and on trails the only time i go next to a creek on my atv when we fish