Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Holeshots don't hold air

joet82

I wonder if while you were riding some beads of sand got caught between the rim and the tire leaving a tiny gap for the air to leak.

Take them off of the quad and put about 7-10psi and then hold them underwater. To reset the bead you might need to get the tires completely free of the bead and then clean the bead and reset with a bunch of air pressure. I recommend having it done. It is not fun to try to do them in the garage.

I think Stupidbots idea is right, my riding buddy had an issue with one of his tires leaking air slowly. after fighting with it with slime and such for awhile. He had it taken off of the rim and there was a tiny piece of a stick trapped in the bead that was causing the leak. You couldn't see it while the tire was mounted and afterward he no longer had the issue.

I wonder if while you were riding some beads of sand got caught between the rim and the tire leaving a tiny gap for the air to leak.

Take them off of the quad and put about 7-10psi and then hold them underwater. To reset the bead you might need to get the tires completely free of the bead and then clean the bead and reset with a bunch of air pressure. I recommend having it done. It is not fun to try to do them in the garage.

That sounds like it could be the problem. Maybe also use some beadsealer. You could always just grab a spray bottle of water and spray the area to see if you see any leaks.