TPbandit

Making a cr500 3 wheeler trike

Thot uv having a summer project. Putting a cr 500 in2 a 85 atc 250r frame. This wood b built frm ground up. Unless i cn find a rollin chasis. Want 2 c wut y'all thnk uv this project..

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

They have been done before. The CR500 puts out 62 ponies in stock form. I hope you're an experienced trike rider...That thing can hurt you. The 500 is no joke.

It is a great idea if you like to go fast, and don't mind constant maintinance. I have a CR 500 powered TRX and the vibrations cause alot of cracks and loosen nuts. Invest in a couple gallons of loctite and if it fits in the budget, get the crank balanced.

Thread moved to 3 wheeler forum and title changed to be more descriptive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Buick350X
      Exploiting a loop hole in the law, turn 4 wheeler into rev trike
      for a long while I have been trying to get a real 4 wheeler street legal.
      the problem is with the state laws, if it has 4 wheels, its a car and has mega more rules.
      If it only has 3 wheels, its a trike and can be made from cobbled junk parts held together with duct tape and they will plate it
      I wonder if anyone would have insight on changing a 4 wheeler over to a single rear wheel?
      [ I can't afford some $40-60,000 canam or super bike modded into a car, rev trike kit ]
      I want something I can truly ride year round on and off road. Ive rode enough old Honda 3 wheelers that I know I do not want a traditional motorcycle trike. So the single wheel has to go out back.

• By outodoors
      Correction 80 Badger. Does any one know if this is possible, My in laws have a place in N. AZ and want we want to be able to ride from the house to the trail down the road, and also on the forest roads, Az says we have to have brake light, High and Low beams, Mirror and horn and plate light, Just curious if anyone has done this?
    • By GOODY37
      I have a 99 kawasaki prairie 300 4 wheeler that was stolen from me, and i recently got it back. It had been hot wired, and ignition busted out. I need to know what are the color of the wires that connect to the ignition switch? Thanks in advance.
    • By Ken7237
      I have tried all the vin decoders and nothing. I just picked this Kawasaki 250 three wheeler today and I am trying to find all the info on it I can and plus ware to find parts for it. Its hard to do when you don't even know the year. I sure would be thankful for any help anyone can give me Thanks ken7237:biggrin: