Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Guest jspen

Grizzly 550 or 700 vs Sportsman 550 or 850

Guest jspen

I am actually looking to purchase two quads within the next 6 months. One utility, one sport. However, I am up in the air between Yamaha vs Polaris and what engine size to get. Speed is good, power is good and price is always a factor but no too worried in the end. Also, factoring this decision will also be based on the sport quad I purchase which, shocker, Yamaha YFZ450x or Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS. I honestly don't know which brand to purchase. I will not be racing at all but wouldn't mind hitting a track if available just to mess around in and most of my riding will be Northern Minnesota trails, groomed trails at that. Sorry this was a lengthy read and I am sure these quads have been talked about before but this is my first time on this site ever. Thanks for your thoughts and don't fry me too bad.

I thought this was supposed to be a comarison between the Grizzly and Sportsman, you posted the same thing as in your YFZ vs Outlaw thread.

Guest jspen
I thought this was supposed to be a comarison between the Grizzly and Sportsman, you posted the same thing as in your YFZ vs Outlaw thread.

I posted it twice because I am in the market for 2 quads, a sport quad that will be 98% trail ridden 2% mx/dune fartin' around having fun but NOT COMPETITION RACED and a utility quad 80% trail ridden 20% hunting, plowing etc...

I prefer the Grizzly 700...and recommend you look at the Suzuki King Quad. I have had bad experiences with Polaris front ends and have seen Polaris utility quads get messed up on the trails from rough riding...so I'm not a huge Polaris fan.

If you are looking for comfort, buy a quad with power steering.

sportsman 850 is a beast ..... an for the sport quad ... check into the kawasaki KFX VForce 700 ... they are very mean and will work great ware you ride ..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.