Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

argmore

97 warrior clutch problem (always in gear)

I have a 97 warrior that sat in the garage for 3 years. I needed to replace cylinder and head gasket. I finally got it done and it started right up. Now my clutch doesn't work. It ALWAYS in gear. The clutch feels normal. I took the clutch cover off and compressed the pressure plate. Everything seems fine except it's always in gear. I'm new at this so please be kind.

Thank you

First I would recommend buying a manual. When you mean it is always in gear, I assume you mean that the clutch is not disengaging. Try taking the entire clutch assembly apart. Some of the plates and friction discs may be stuck together making it impossible for the clutch center to spin freely from the basket. You may need to replace the clutch plates and friction discs.

Like DD said...it's just an issue where it's not disengaging the gear. Now the clutch worked before your did the top end? Not sure what would cause it not to all of a sudden..did you do anything to the clutch, the cable, etc...during your repairs? You just took the cyclinder head off right?

I just did only top end. Cable is works fine. Everything seems to be in good working condition. I got this thing from a friend with good intentions. Sat around garage for 3 yrs. If I remember correctly, I had used the clutch to move the bike few times but maybe I'm wrong. Anyone know the size of the nut inside behind what I guess to be the pressure plate. I have to go buy the socket. I really appreciate everyones help/ comments. Thank you very much.

Not sure, probably somewhere between 21 and 27mm, but you could measure the nut manually.

I did measure it. The only reason I asked is that I had to go buy it. Thank you VERY much. So I got it apart and it seems I'm missing the #7 on the diagram (Plate thrust 1). I ordered it along with new clutch plates. I'm hoping this does it. My son can't wait! Thanks again:-)

I think that you are on the right track, let us know if you have anymore questions when you are putting the new clutch in.

As it turns out, I was just assembling the clutch wrong. Apparently the people that had it before me must have taken it apart and reassembled it wrong. Works fine now. The funny thing is my friend who I got this quad from said it was running and then just died. I found it had no compression. When I took the head off I notices the front valve wasnt sealing. I adjusted until I saw it was sealing, replaced cylinder/ head gasket and fired right up. Had been sitting for more than 3 years. Is this a known issue with Warriors. Ive seen a few Warriors posted on craigslist with the same problem. They say it was running and just died. Im wondering if the valve jumps thread causing these to have no compression. I emailed the people on craigslist notifying them of my experience. I hope it was helpful to them. Thanks for all your help......

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.