Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1993 Suzuki kingquad 300 over heating

butlerbuilt

I have a 93 kingquad that I need help with. It over heats and cant figure out why and hoping some one here can help me. Have stuck a few bucks into it and no change. Put the new right jets in it. Exaused rocker. Head gasket. New boot. It runs real nice and drives but after 15 minutes of run time the exuast gets red. I am stuck and dont know where to turn. Hoping someone here has some advise for me. Any thing you can tell me would be great. THanks

What does your spark plug look like? A lean condition is a likey cause. If you are running lean you may need larger jets. Many factors can effect jetting requirements, elevation, temperature, motor mods..... You need to read the plug to determine wheather you are jetted properly. There are other factors that can effect jetting requirements too. Make sure the carb is clean. Check for air leaks in the intake plumbing, if you are sucking in extra air it will run lean and hot. Check the fuel screw adjustment. Check the timing chain and tensioner. Check the valvle lash. Check the oil pump and oil cooler lines.

Timing could be an issue, it is worth checking. Going up one or two sizes on the piston will have little to no effect on performance or jetting needs. You need to increase bore size by several mm to make a significant difference, most piston replacements are done .5mm at a time. Google "plug chop" reading the plug is the best way to determine correct jetting. Check everything I mentioned in my first reply. If you have a lean condition, due to an air leak, dirty carb, incorrect jetting or adjustment, you could burn your motor up in no time.