Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

yessir812

Mud left on my Grizzly

I rode pretty hard 2 different times while I was in Indiana. I could not get to a power washer before jumping back on the highway. Im back in Atlanta & my Grizzly is still sitting in the garage, as filthy as the day I drove it. Will it be ok if I dont have time to spray it off until later next week?

I am sure it will be ok, I sometimes leave mine dirty for months, just check and clean the important stuff before you ride again.

The mud covers the metal and stops rust....

An excellent point sir, you just made me feel better about my quads never being clean.:yes:

Edited by DirtDemon

I've kept my quads muddey for weeks at a time, especially in the winter when the stuff freezes on there. I've had to soak it down with hot water to get the mud off..on occassion. Should be fine though.

Storing a machine dirty for a while wont really do any harm. Never cleaning it is different. Dirt is abrasive, so any moving parts will wear prematurely if they are always dirty. I am not real big on washing my machines to a shine, in fact, they always look dirty. However, I do like to give them a good hosing after riding to knock most of the dirt off the machine and then I lube everything.

Edited by DirtDemon