Quantcast

1988 Yamaha Warrior ignition mods

woden_88

Is this a 1988 Yamaha Warrior? There are allot of modifications out there available. Dynatek makes some stuff, even saw some stuff on ebay: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/ATV-Parts-/43962/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A3048&_nkw=yamaha%20warrior%20ignition&_dmpt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1513&_pgn=2

Edited by Ajmboy

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By luckyyyyesther
      Hey all!
      I'm on a mission to buy my first UTV soundbar as a gift for my dad(a newbie on ATV). I'm aiming for something that offers great sound quality without breaking the bank – my budget is around $250. Right now, I'm considering options like ecoxgear, kemimoto, and boss.
      Does anyone have experience with these brands or specific models that you'd recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be super appreciated!

• By opnea
      Recently picked up a 1991 Lt230e for repair. Compression is a little low Id say, around 80psi, I also have spark but the spark is odd . When cranking the spark is a constant arc. I’ve got it to sputter but never fully turn on. I believe the spark is my issue, being constant and not detonating at the right time. I’m not sure whether this issue is an electrical fault like some missing ground, a faulty cdi, or a timing issue. Any ideas where I should start? 
    • By p5200
      I added more fresh gas it sat one day now, it's acting up again. Before cleaning out carburetor it wouldn't idle good and had gas leaks from carburetor. Now it idles pretty good but, if I increase throttle speed at a certain amount it starts missing bad. I'm going to try and post a short video. Just about ready to give up on this thing.😒  you can see reflection perking in video.

20240217_114429.mp4