Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Suzuki LT 250R lacks power

ok heres the prob the bike had some cash put in to in b4 i got it. well the firts prob when i got it. the pickup coil went out in it. then had the rong plug in it it needed an k an n. got those probs. runs good but but crab. it has a newer topend, pipe, and over sized carb. dosnt say if it was ported. so on dirt runs good but can not make it wheelie onlly a lil if i rev it and drop it but from sit still i can not pop it up. can on a stock blaster and banshee but not this bike. and then i was at the dunes. i couldnt rev and take of in second gear. like you can on any bike. so what dos this mean

PLEASE HELP:aargh:

A lack of power could be caused by lots of things. I would start by doing a compression test. If the compression is good, then the next thing I would do is a leak down test. If everything seems ok after that, then it is probably just a matter of getting the jetting dialed in, maybe the carb is too big.

Tyler250rrocks

"Whats a leakdown test?"

That is where you seal off the intake and exhaust holes, pump the motor up with about 6lbs of air pressure and see how long it takes to bleed off. Google it, you will find plenty of info out there.

Edited by DirtDemon