Quantcast

options and recommendations on a clutch kit for an 2005 king quad 700

Ive been looking around and reading alot about these clutch kits. There seems to be many out there and many different types. I do mostly trail riding and mud bogging. But alot more trail riding and some road riding. I would like a kit that gives me more lower torque and basically alot more power. Pretty much want the best kit for power. I run stock tires and i have no added mods to the bike, its all stock. I would like some advice on which kits you would recommand and which sites would you use and also what other mods would you added for better performance. I really dont want to mess with the computer much or add mods that will basically destroy the quad in no time. Runs and drives great now so i dont want that to change but if there performance parts out there that make the bike better i would like to look at them. So if anyone has mods done to there quad that they liked and they noticed added performance let me know.

A new clutch kit is not going to add power, it will only change the transfer efficiency and the way that the power is supplied. If you want a hard launch, you can use a clutch with a higher stall setting so the clutch does not engage until you reach higher rpms. Some clutches are designed for use with taller tires and will have an overall lower effective gear ratio, so you will have a lower top speed with stock size tires. Some clutches can slightly improve accelleration, decreases slippage, therefore reducing friction heat and increased backshifting. Moose, EPI and Dalton all make aftermarket clutch kits for your machine. There are some kits are designed for use with stock to 27" or 28" tires. These particular kits work well within that range only sacrificing a tiny bit of top speed with stock tires, but accelleration will be improved. They are intended to work best with a 27" or 28" tire, but work still work well with stock tires.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By 1998Zuki250
      What are your riding location preferences? Mud Park? Personal Trails? Public Land?
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 (clone of a Yamaha Rhino 660) that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: