Quantcast

New guy

Welcome to the site, I share your passion for riding. Untill June 25th, I have been riding at least every weekend for the last 4 years or so. The only reason I am not riding now is because of an accident that I had where I separated my right shoulder, broke my scapula and 2 ribs on top of some serious bruising and muscle strains. I must admit, I am a bit jealous of your machine. The 525XC is would be my quad of choice if I were to buy a new one. I have had an opportunity to ride the 505SX, and I must say that KTM has made some amazing machines. I will have to live with what I have for the time being, but I thing that the 525XC will be my next purchase.

That sucks about the injury, hope you heal quick. I couldnt be happier with the KTM, incredible machine. I came off of a modded Honda 250r and havent looked back, I see your riding a Suzuki 450, thats a prety sweet machine too. I have heard they are a pain in the as* to work on though. If your interested in scooping up a KTM Id stay away from the sx model they are having alot of trouble with those sx rev head engines, stick with the xc model. You can find some sweet deals on them at KTMATVHQ.COM right now.

I am about 2 months into a 3 month recovery, I am getting there, but slowly. I do like the LT-R, at the time, it was the best buy for me and I don't regret it or anything, I just want one of those KTM's now. When the Suzuki is paid for, I will be looking into buying a new addition, and it will probably be the 525 XC. I liked the 505 SX that I rode, but I want a true woods machine next and the XC is really well suited for the type of riding I do most. I have done some work to the Suzuki, cams, intake, full exhaust, fuel controller, and the cherry bomb and it runs very well for me, it is a bit of a pain to work on, but it could be worse I guess. I do like the fuel injection though, I don't have to mess with re jetting a carb when I do engine mods, I just push buttons. I also came from a 250R, but I still have it too, I don't think I will ever get rid of it, I have put alot of work into it and it is just to valuable to me. It has a CR 500 motor stuffed in it, and it is a hell of alot of fun to ride. The power of a big two stroke is hard to beat and it is so much easier and cheaper to work on. I also never get tired of embarassing some smartass on a Raptor or a 450 who likes to talk alot, then gets his as* handed to him by a guy riding a 24 year old quad.