Quantcast

1996 350 warrior

Bowhuntin23

love the 350 warrior !!! Try cleaning the carb. & also look for any air leaks . Air leaks meaning around the intake manifold. Have you made any changes to the pipe, air filter etc....??? it is for sure not enough fuel if it idles with the choke ! if no changes have been made start with cleaning & looking for leaks around intake as well as checking your air filter to see if it has a good seal.. if any changes have been made & you have adjusted the pilot screw then you have either a pilot jet issue or the needle clip issue ....need help feel free to email I have been through the mikuni carb many times!

Edited by FLY_4_wheel_guy

Have you just purchased the bike like that or is it something that has just started to happen? Have you made any changes to the bike as far as pipe,header,air filter? Many ATV mechanics will tell you the Warrior does not need much when making changes like that ,"THEY ARE WRONG!" I was told by several that they do NOTHING but maybe change the MAIN JET, if at all that ....................... WRONG ANSWER!!! It depends on what you have done to the bike & elevation,compression etc....... I put on a FMF header,FMF Silencer, K& N air filter & I had to change my main jet,pilot jet & adjust my needle clip ....... Do not get down it takes patients & usually is something really small & simple !!!!!!

Edited by FLY_4_wheel_guy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By N00bie
      From Arkansas. Just bought a 2012 Gator 850i RSX because I could not pass up the price. BUT it has an idle problem. So, to be honest, I joined just to get a service manual. I have a choice: 1)Buy a hard copy: ~$100; 2)Buy a CD ~$35.00; Get a direct download for free posting 10 times; or get a download for $29.00 (subscription). Haven't decided what to do yet.
    • By Louznmemind
      Howdy y'all, I'm trying to fix a neighbors 2015 Brute Force 300. Came in with hard to start and won't idle except on choke issue. I pulled the carb and found the pilot jet as well as the emulsion tube partially clogged. Cleaned up everything, put it back together, still having issues...  It will start right up on choke and will also start off choke if you give it just a touch of throttle but it absolutely will not idle unless it's choked just a touch. Also, excuse my ignorance but I'm assuming the "dial" thingy attached to the carb that turns in and out is for setting idle?? 
    • By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s