Quantcast

2006 Polaris Outlaw 500 - Groud wire ?'s

DougSOutlaw

I just purchased a 2006 Outlaw 500 and found a loose ground wire. I need help to find out where this wire should be attached.

The main ground wire goes from the negative battery terminal to the chassis directly above the battery. The ground wire I need help with attaches to the same spot on the chassis above the battery however; the opposite end of the ground wire is loose.

Can any of you Outlaw 500 owners tell me where this ground wire should go? A picture would help tremendously!!!

I have searched for wiring diagrams and repair manuals but all of those free downloads are shut down due to copyright issues.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

I haven't noticed it affecting anything yet. Only ridden it once for 5 minutes and everything seems to work. Just concerned about a loose ground wire. It is a thick ground cable so it must be intended for something.

If any of you Outlaw 500 owners get a chance and have the front plastics off your quad, please look at this cable and tell me where it is suppose to be ground to. The one I'm speaking of is attached to the frame just above the battery. There are two black cables that attach to the same location. One of them leads to the negative side of the battery and the other is loose on my quad. Where does the second cable attach to on your quad.

Thanks for any input,

Doug

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By ethie
      Hi All
      I have a 2012 Coleman 500 Outfitter that keeps fouling out the plug within 10-15 minutes 
      not sure where to start
    • By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV  
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.