Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2000? big bear 400 weak spark...

chevyman26

My buddy has a 2000 (i believe..could be a 99 or 01, i'll find out for sure) big bear 400 that had a bad starter. In the process of figuring that out, they jumped it off a car trying to start it, then found the starter was bad. Replaced it, then found that there was no spark. We all assume that something fried from jumping off the car's batt., so he brought it to a local shop who proceeded to throw parts at it all willy nilly like. According to my buddy almost all elec. components have been changed exept for CDI and voltage regulator. New stator, coil, wire harness, and probably others that aren't coming to mind...

After getting these new parts on there is now a very faint spark, but not enough to make it fire..

He has since bought a newer machine off his parents, and offered to sell it to me at a screamin deal...

Should I buy it? A new CDI is in the $400 range, but I'd be willing to pay for it if this is the problem...I just don't wanna be throwin parts at it like him.

Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated!!

that sounds like exactly what i'm looking for! I'll check it out as soon as I can as I'm on my phone now and can't get .pdf's..thanks for the reply and I'll let you know asap it it helps and click ya a thanks!

BTW- found out it is an '01, but that shouldn't matter..!

Anybody think $600 as it sits sounds like a good deal for this so far? All the plastic is good, I know this guy well and he doesn't beat his stuff, always had regular oil changes (Amsoil)...it just has this elec. problem...

Matt