Quantcast

spine fusion

No, but I do have a bulging disc in my neck, and may have to have that done in the future. I know a couple of people who have had disc fusion done, there can be alot of loss in your range of motion depending on what type of procedure they use and where it is. I have heard that the screw and plate method will eventually wear out and you eventually have to have the next couple of vertebrae fused to keep things stable. There is another method where they remove the disc and use crushed bone to fill the void where the disc was, this method results in less mobility loss, and should stay stable. There is also the option of having an artificial disc put in, from what I have heard, this is the best way to go.

Thanks everyone

I just got my second opinion same thing :mad:

They want to put these little jacks between the vertebrae and jack them back up then put some plates and screws in to hold in place then fus. it together

they will be doing L1,2,3

Hope it goes well for you !!!! Jacks-screws -plates-fus sound like they workin on 57 chevy :laugh:

Glad to hear you got a second opinion, but if your back is that bad just get the work done. Does your insurance cover it.

got a 3rd one tonight, a friend of a friends dad is a surgeon and looked at the MRI .

he said thats what he would do aswell. He knows my doc and he said he would let he do it to him, that he is very good

100% covered:)

Edited by Eiger400

Good Luck Eiger! Sorry to hear about it, hopefully it goes smooth for you. Have you had an epideral shot for the pain in the past?

been thur the epideral shots 2 times been putting it off, trying the pain pill thing and therapy thing now.

still cant stupe down or walk for 5/10min. with out pain and numming

took some meds last Sat. and went for a 30mi ride and had a great time, then had to stay in bed the next day and that suks

they did say there are other ways of gooing but this is the best way to go with best out come. I should still be able to ride and play with my speed boat.

sorry to hear this. I have 5-7 filled with cement and two steel rods holding mine in place. Broke it all in a race on mothers day 2000. Its a bad deal but its better then dealing with the pain.

sorry to here that. Hows your back now???

how long did it take befor you could ride again????

there talking 3 rods and 8 screws then fuse it all together

Edited by Eiger400

I took about a year of PT before I could really ride again. But they wont let you start PT until everything is almost healed. Now days it gets sore, it takes longer to crawl out from under a car after wrenchin but all in all you learn to live with it most the time.

that sounds better then im doing now.

he said at about 2/3 weeks then i will be starting some in home PT then 4/6 weeks i will be able to drive to PT

a good female friend of mine had it done and it took her about an year, then she could ride a jet ski again