Guest Fox300exchic

Handlebars

Guest Fox300exchic

Ive got stock handlebars and its killen my back. What kind/brand of handlebars does everyone recommend?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I run Renthals. You might want to look into a riser and maybe an antivibe clap. I just installed a Houser plus one steering stem with antivibe clap and love it. I do stand up the whole time I ride, but I'm only 5'4. Thats why I didn't go with a plus 2 or higher.

Guest Fox300exchic

I stand up a lot too. Im 5'7 though.

Guest Fox300exchic

My husband told me that a friend of his told him to buy a cheaper set of handle bars so if you wreck or roll the quad the bars break instead of other stuff. Is this true? Sounded kinda funny to me.

I have had the same bars on my quad for 6 years. I've crashed on 30 foot doubles, and roll the quad down 75 foot hill climbs. I'm still running the original plastic, throttle, levers, and switches. My bad I put a Magura hydro. clutch, so that lever is not stock.

Guest Fox300exchic

I dunno. Maybe the dude was talking out of his butt and doesnt know anything.

Hmmmm,,,I have the Stock Bars on my 85 350X and have no Trouble at all...

I do stand up the whole time I ride, but I'm only 5'4

Good Lord!!! You can Barely See over the Freakin Bars...Thats why you Stand up all the Time...Freaking Dwarfs...LMAQ!!!!

Seriously Though....I Bought a FLY Bar for one of my Z's....Only Because after 20yrs It was Bent too much for my liking...And the Difference is night and Day...I can Feel the Vibration Allot more now...It will Put your Arms to Sleep...From the Vibration and Holding on!!:LOL!!!

I have been thinking of doing this too, but I know if you go to high you have to change the cables or you have other issues. It seems like it will be hard to decide what you want until you actually have them and ride with them.

Guest Fox300exchic
I have been thinking of doing this too, but I know if you go to high you have to change the cables or you have other issues. It seems like it will be hard to decide what you want until you actually have them and ride with them.

I dont think I would go too much higher though.

Guest Fox300exchic
Hmmmm,,,I have the Stock Bars on my 85 350X and have no Trouble at all...

Good Lord!!! You can Barely See over the Freakin Bars...Thats why you Stand up all the Time...Freaking Dwarfs...LMAQ!!!!

Seriously Though....I Bought a FLY Bar for one of my Z's....Only Because after 20yrs It was Bent too much for my liking...And the Difference is night and Day...I can Feel the Vibration Allot more now...It will Put your Arms to Sleep...From the Vibration and Holding on!!:LOL!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! :biglaugh:

I just don't know exactly what I want. I would love to have some of those Flexx bars, but don't want to spend that kind of money.

Guest Fox300exchic

I dont either. Thats why I wanted to see what everyone else has or recommends. I dont wanna get some and not like them.

Id go with a set of pro aper SE bars mid bend.... and i would stay away from steel bars thos are what have been known to bend more expensive parts. Maybe a Set of Bar spacers could be the answer?

Guest Fox300exchic

Thanks guys!

Let me know what you go with I would love to know how you like them.

I just got a pair of 909 aluminum bars. I haven't even had a chance to put them on. I will let you know what I think.

if your worried about your back when riding and comfort is what you need go out a get a set of flexx bars.yes they are expensive but extremely comfortable...they may be the last set of bars you ever buy...

I have a set of Tag T2s on my banshee and are nice but remember that if you buy 1 1/8" bars that you may run out of room to mount all of your controls. I have Flexx bars on my LTR and love them, you can change the spaces to stiffen and soften the give in the handlebars. Are worth the money if you race, but would not recommend for novice riders simply because you wont use the potential of the bars. For just regular riding the Flexx bars would be just like having a regular set of bars. You really need to ride hard to use their full potential. If you back hurts, chances are its not your handlebars itself but the height of your bars. I would recommend handlebar risers.

My stock bars on my TRX were just a little too low, so I bought some Pro Taper Evos. These are fat bars so I put the adapter on the stock clamps and it gave them enough of a lift to be comfy. As far as using cheap steel bars, This does speak some truth. With the stock bars if you roll your quad chances are your bars will bend. This takes away from the impact on the steering stem. In theory the stronger after market bars won't bend, so if you flip there is a chance of bending the stem. The down side to cheap steel bars is the material they use. The steel allows for every bit of vibration to travel through to your hands. The better composites on the Pro tapers and stuff reduce that.

thats very true...like i said i run the steel bars ...they cost 20 bucks and i probably went through 3 of em last season...i just dont see the resoning in spending a 100 bucks for a set of bars that i will potentially bend anyways......as for the steering stem i really need to get a good one i think it would make all the difference...

Are you from ATVFAN also? That paint job looks familiar!

yep you got it...i use the same username and all from atvfan.....i usually surf all kinds atv forums....some call it an obsession...lol i tell my g/f that atv's are my drug of chioce lol:cool:

yep you got it...i use the same username and all from atvfan.....i usually surf all kinds atv forums....some call it an obsession...lol i tell my g/f that atv's are my drug of chioce lol:cool:

ha yeah i think me and stoopidbot have the same "drug of choice" :biglaugh: