Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

canadacat

2005-500 arctic cat

we ride 2 up but the suspension is weak and the back tires and axles are splayed out. what will stiffen up the rear suspension for 2 up. canadacat

Do you have the springs adjusted to the stiffest setting? If not when you are adjusting them jack up the ATV to relieve the weight from the suspension.

The cheapest solution would be to add hockey pucks up to the current springs.

Other Options would be to use stiffer springs from high lifter or a non TRV cat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Do you have the springs adjusted to the stiffest setting? If not when you are adjusting them jack up the ATV to relieve the weight from the suspension.

The cheapest solution would be to add hockey pucks up to the current springs.

Other Options would be to use stiffer springs from high lifter or a non TRV cat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Trv springs and or shocks are shorter if I remember right. I do know TRVs sit lower than normal Cats. I keep looking for it on TRA and put a link for it here. Edited by BuckBilly

Yes heaver springs would work better as far as getting rid of the sag but you will have a stiffer ride.

You can check out Highlifters Site for stiffer springs.

The TRV and the new ride in suspension Cats have smaller springs allowing for the lower ride height. If you use springs from a Mud Pro or older compatible Cat then your ride height will increase and you will get rid of the sag when running 2 up. If you choose to do this just make sure the part numbers are the same on the shocks. I think the few times I seen this done they just hapened to change both just because they got the springs and shocks at a good deal.

I personally use the hocky pucks and it cost me about $5. The heaver springs fatigue over time depending on how you ride. With the pucks I have about 14" of ground clearance in my 07 (non ride in suspension CAT).

You can also add a 1.5" lift as another option.

Trv springs and or shocks are shorter if I remember right. I do know TRVs sit lower than normal Cats. I keep looking for it on TRA and put a link for it here.

TRVs and the Ride in Suspension, 08+ on some models have smaller springs and posibilly even diffrent shocks. They are replaceable with the older style to go back to the taller ride height.