Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I'm considering buying a 2000 Arctic Cat 400 4x4. The dealer I'm purchasing from just got it in on a trade in. The ATV has 4,100 miles on it. The body is in great shape for being 11 years old. The seat is good and the tires are about 50%. The dealer won't budge from $2,500 and I think I'm getting screwed. The KBB is $1,800 for retail. What are your thoughts good or bad deal?

Sounds a little high to me but sometimes it's worht paying a little more for a machine that has not been abused and has been well taken care of. I would look around a little more and if you look hard enough you will find that machine that has been taken care of and for the right price, good luck!!

The dealer is messin with you don't even buy it. You can find a better deal.

My 2 cents

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Eddie Rahm
      whats up fellas....the white wire going from the throttle body came unplugged from the circuit  board and im not sure where it plugs back in to ? i see where the red wire goes but im not sure where the white wire goes...im not even sure what those wires do..any help would be appreciated..thanks. 1996 polaris sportsman 500 4x4 push button awd.
    • By Christian Brindle
      I have a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500. A year or so ago we got it running after replacing the kill switch. It ran great but after some use for a couple months it got a flat tire and for some reason we just forgot about it and it sat for some time. Before it sat i replaced the gas cap, fuel filter, fuel pump, petcock, battery, starter relay, oil and oil filter. I recently went to start it and it started so quickly and without choke or throttle but the ATV wouldn't move till about 1/4 throttle and it wasn't really a smooth ride until 1/2 throttle. it also would bog out randomly after you came to a stop and sounded like it was getting too much fuel. I cleaned the carb and adjusted the air/fuel screw to 1 3/4 turns out.  I also messed with the idle and the throttle cable adjuster up on the handlebars. It's safe to say it now runs worse than when i started working on it 2 days ago. It takes more effort to get started and bogs out idling after about 30 seconds. I tried adjusting the idle but every time i do it'll get to a sweet spot but after driving it down the driveway and back the idle will go up and down to the point where i can't put it in gear because the gears will grind. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By JacobSlabach
      So my parents have not let me get my license yet and I need to get around to gets parts and stuff.  Answer: Yamaha CW50 scooter.  This is a 2-cycle self-mixing scooter that so far, I am really surprised with the power output and speed.  It reaches about 45mph since the speedo has been disconnected and has plenty of power for two riders.  Its stupid looking, but with some work and a title and plate, it'll take me around town..  My issue is this:  No key.  I bought it for $150 from a friend and he bought it from someone for $100 who wired in a switch in place of the ignition.  That guy got it form his neighbor who's renter left it behind.  The scooter will run with this switch on or off (kill switch on handlebar kills engine)  To get it tiled and a plate so its road worthy, I need to get the ignition working either by a replacement key or a new ignition.  All wires are cut to the ignition and the switch turned on the power to the signal light switch.  Also, the 2-cycle oil was leaking out the carb, through the air filter and onto the scooter.  also, it runs great, but its making blue smoke with throttle and the muffler is wet with oil.

(I have new signal lights for it btw)  So the issues I have with it summed up:
      No key (need new ignition) smokes burnt out headlight-  can I replace them with LEDs?
    • By Michael Lemay
      DWT Rear Beadlock Rims CST Caribou Tire iGRIP Shouldered  Studs 6mm

• Similar Tagged Content

• By bradleyheathhays
      2011 Grizz 700 here and so far the only thing I've been told about replacing my coolant is that I should put the same color stuff back in that came out. But other than that nothing specific. A search through both the service or owner's manual gave no coolant info other than capacity. Here's a comparison of the old and the proposed new...

The stuff on the left, what's coming out, is a blue-green. I'm second owner and only put about 75 miles on the machine, so I have no idea how old this coolant is.
      Stuff on the right is the new coolant the guy at the car shop suggested, and is more of a pure lighter translucent blue. It's Pentofrost NF, whatever that is. He said it's what's recommended for European, including BMWs. Here's the bottle...

So...
      1) have I found the right coolant?
      and
      2) does this stuff need to be diluted? The bottle says it's 'full strength.'
    • By lovelymommy
      Hello! I am new here and I need some help from the experts. My 9 year old son was given an adult sized 4 wheeler for Christmas. He has never ride one and has never taken a training course. Of course, I just found out about this but was never consulted about him getting this, either.
      Anyways, he was able to ride it this morning and has never had any safety training and honestly, I am petrified he is going to get hurt. It will happen, it's just when.
      I am in the state of Indiana and the law states you must be 14 years old to operate unless there is direct supervision of an 18 year old or other. What exactly does "direct supervision " mean? Is rhis within site of the person riding or is it someone that is ON the ATV?
      Also if there are ANY SUGGESTIONS you guys can give me regarding this it would be helpful.
      My son is only 9 and a very immature 9 year old at that. I feel he has no business being on this without proper training but apparently that isn't as important to some people.
      Also, if there is anyone in the state of Indiana on here that can tell me the rules that would be awesome.
      *in addition* the 4 wheeler is for an adult. My son is only 4 foot 9 and 65 pounda. He's tiny. I am afraid he is certainly nowhere close to having the weight to control this machine.
    • By jaysun
      Hey all! I grew up riding friends' ATVs from about 9 to 14 years old. Since then, I've only gotten to ride 2 or 3 times (I'm 32 now), so I'm very much out of the loop. A friend of mine just started dating a girl with an ATV and just talking about riding gave me the itch so bad that I'm about to buy a couple for myself and I could really use some help.
      The ATVs I grew up riding were 400cc Honda 4x4 utility quads and I've never so much as sat on a racing bike but, looking at my selection on Craigslist, I'm finding a ton of sexy, seemingly well priced race bikes. My girlfiend, on the other hand, is dead set on utility ATVs. I may compromise and get one of each.
      I'm a bit worried about stepping into race ATV territory, though, for a couple reasons. First, I'm finding that several people are selling theirs because they're "too fast". I'm all for some speed but I don't wanna kill myself and I don't wanna be intimidated by the bike. When I was a kid, we'd throttle those Honda 400s all the way down the trails, hitting about 50mph, but these 450 race bikes are topping out closer to 70 or so, not to mention I'm sure they have a lot more get up & go in the low gears. Secondly, I'm worried about the ability of race bikes to handle mud. I live in Florida and I'll primarily just be riding dirt trails but rain and mud are inevitable. I see a lot of the race bike sellers saying things like "never been in mud". Is mud that damaging to these types of ATVs?
      I'm sure I'll have more questions. I'm spending all day today just perusing Craigslist and narrowing down my choices.
      I appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks!
    • By cbbubby78
      1995 Bayou 220. If i have ruled out the ignition coil where should i go from there?
    • By cbbubby78
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      i have a 95 bayou 220 not sparking. i have measured all of the connectors on the cdi and most are within the manuals ranges. but there are a couple that measured alot higher than their given ranges. does this indicate the cdi is bad ?