Quantcast

2005 Baja 300cc Extreme ATV Reverse Gear

I already posted on here, but it seems like NO ONE helps!ARG My boyfriend has a 2005 Baja 300cc Extreme with a suzuki engine in it. The reverse gear box is cracked & we need a new one. But we are having trouble finding it. Is there anyone who knows where to go to look for it or know about it? I would really appreciate your help! Thank You Theresa.

I would LOVE to know more about it to. He traded it with a friend & we didnt know the one part was broke. All we know is its a knock off 4 wheeler with a suzuki engine in it. That's all we know, kind of pissed because if his friend knew something was wrong with it he should of traded it! So now we have nothing but issues trying to find the gear box. Its kind of stupid to how the set it up having it near the chain. We might just try to do with out the reverse box though if we cant come to conclusion and do it away with that.

I really don't like saying this, but my advise would be to try and get rid of that thing and hopefully get some or all of your money back. I have had a fair bit of experience with Chinese ATVs. I have 6 different friends who though it would be a good idea to buy cheap Chinese quads for thier kids. I have worked on every one of them, multiple times. It is literally one problem after another, and parts can be extremely difficult to find. Many of these quads I have seen have broken literally just a few minutes into the first ride. I would buy a beaten and abused name brand quad before I spent money on a brand new Chinese quad. I'm not trying to be an as*, but this has truly been my experience with these things. If you can find the part, and you decide to keep it, I hope it works out for you.

My guess is that it's not actually a "Suzuki" engine. Chinese branded ATV makers have been known to copy proven products, but use inferior materials in order to make them as cheaply as possible. They may look identical on the outside, but in reality are worlds apart in quality. Specs and tolerances are probably way off. Good luck with your search.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...