Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hvy_chevy_one

rear tire suggestions

My 400ex is about due for new rear tires, but i dont know what kind would be the best for it. Most of my riding is out in the desert, mostly loose dirt and rocks. Iv been looking at all different kinds of tires but just dont know what ones would work out the best..Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I wish I could comment, but I'm on a utility and in the Northeast..:biggrin: I'm sure you will get some repsonses though!

I use the CST ambush tires on my 450r, they hook up better then the stockers in loose dirt for sure but i still feel like they could hook up more so i wouldn't recommend them if you want tons of traction in soft dirt and rocks, it would seem like the razr 2 or GBC x-rex would be best for that. But the ambush's have great wear and they should last a long time, plus they are fairly cheap.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By chriscris
      Any areas? Any suggestions? 
      Thanks
    • By marek porowski
      It’s kind of ATV related question as I need new trailer tires to tow my 4 wheeler. 
      Does anybody have any experience with loadstar 12” trailer tires ? 
      There is not to many choices for trailer tires here in Ontario and I was wandering if somebody can recommend me something. 
    • By Ryan Lewis
      Went on a great ride on Sunday from the M-33 trail head to the Lupton trailhead in the Huron National Forest.

More videos from the ride to be uploaded to the channel soon.

• By Reece Bowen
      x   just bought this expedition 425 and the Speedo needle does not work. The lights work for the shift indcator. So is this an electronic Speedo or cable? Is there a way to fix it or will I have to replace the unit? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    • By Rich1028
      Well I will be Off the Trails for awhile...who will be riding ??
      I said awhile ago that we would be done for awhile,and we made it back out,but now I know we are off for at least two weekends,Wife is on Call.
      and I might send mine out for some due repairs,that I do not want to do because of the timing,and that I have not done them before.
      I need new brakes,front and rear!
      and A Chain and Gears.
      Deer Season is Nov.15th thru Nov.29th so no riding during that.
      And we need to clean the Garages to get the daily drivers out of the snow,and cold weather.
      So I hope that others step up and get in some riding while we are down.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By gyminis
      I have a 1996 king quad lt-f4wdx and have oil leaking from the rear axle assy at the seal behind the shaft from the front axle to the rear axle! can this seal be replaced w/o doing major surgery,taking the rear assy completly apart. thanx jim:aargh:
    • By DerekVink
      Badley warped, bent and marked up rear rotor.
      My 1987 Warrior's rotor is about an inch larger then the ones readily available.
      Is there an easy way of moving the caliper in to fix the problem.
      Any body make the larger rotor at about 9-5/8" outside diameter for Yamaha Warriors.
    • By tryder96
      How in the world do I remove rear brake pedal. Can't find in manual and it is basically siezed up. Any ideas? Thank you
    • By fishingstar
      86 225 yamaha moto 4 rear tires locked up. My son was riding in the have wet snow and the rear end lock. hoping brakes moved to rear dif. not it ether took the clutch apart not them.
      I can get the axle to turn with a pipe wench
      anybody have any thoughts on what it could be?
      thanks
      Dan