Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Kawasaki KFX700 bog issue

bmc5200

I have a kfx700. It has dual exhaust K&N air filter and a jet kit was just added last fall. I put the size recommended on the :aargh: and turned them out 2.5 turns as recommended. The quad goes through its range fine but when ran at a constant speed at any point the engine bogs constantly. Any suggestions? Also, when running at a certain rpm it makes a souns similar to a slightly loose heat sheild vibrating at a high frequency or like pan likes being thrashed coming from the front. Any info is appriciated. Thanks all...

If thats the v twin 700 engine have you checked to see if the carbs are in sync. It can cause over heating and very poor performance. Anytime you rejet your carbs or make changes to them you need to sync them. I'm not sure if this is the problem if it is you will need a sync tool to check & set them. Good luck

Check on the internet their not cheap. There is some sites that show you how to make a homemade one for around 10.00 I think carb tune is one that gets good reviews but like I said it' not cheap. I made the homemade one. It works fine you have to be careful beause you use a liquid and you don't want it to get sucked into the carbs. 1 yard stick, 12ft. clear pvc tubing( found at home depot) I'm not sure if it's 1/8 or 1/4 I used zip ties to connect the hose to the yard stick find the center point of the hose and put it at the bottom of the ys fasten the tubing equally up the ys. I used sta-bil in my tubing. The ends of the tubes will slip onto the carbs. My prairie 650 is an 02 the tube ends goes on the right side of the quad the adjustment screw is on the left in between the carbs. The carbs are going to suck the fluid up the tube what your looking for is the fluid to be equal in both sides of tubing. If u do a sarch for homemade carb sync tool you will see what I'm talking about. That is if your quad has carbs and not fuel injected.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a kfx700. It has dual exhaust K&N air filter and a jet kit was just added last fall. I put the size recommended on the :aargh: and turned them out 2.5 turns as recommended. The quad goes through its range fine but when ran at a constant speed at any point the engine bogs constantly. Any suggestions? Also, when running at a certain rpm it makes a souns similar to a slightly loose heat sheild vibrating at a high frequency or like pan likes being thrashed coming from the front. Any info is appriciated. Thanks all...

Sounds like a carb issue either you're out of sync or the needles or jets are incorrect. How far away from Barnsville PA are you? Theres a shop there that it's owner is a kawie v-twin guru that should be able to fix it.