Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Kanada_atv

Want to buy new atv which one???

want to buy a new atv. around the 500cc size. trail riding, pulling a small trailer around the property. which one is the best? or are they basically all the same, ride, options, price?

or does it just come down to feel and looks? any advice would be helpful. thanks

Pretty open ended question. There's a lot of choices out there you have to narrow down what you like. There's good and bad with all models, so you have to decide what's important to you.

Solid choices to start looking at are:

Yamaha Grizzly

Polaris Sportsman 500/550

Suzuki King Quad

Honda Rancher AT

Good luck!

Check em out and go from there, I'm partial to the Suzuki's but I also have a Yamaha, Can Am, and Kawasaki..just comes down to feel and style you may like.

I would check out the Suzuki King Quad and Yamaha Grizzly. You have to see what you like most, go to the dealerships.

Like above go check them out see what you like.As far as brand you can't go wrong as long as you stick with name brand quads read reviews on what you like and now on the newer quads you can get EPS, IRS, and stright axle.

Be sure to let us know what you get, so I can live vicariously through you, and imagine I bought a new quad....lol! :laugh:

If you can't make up your mind between a couple buy both. Aftre you make up your mind on which one to keep just send the other one to me. It's all most christmas season!! lol

I'm partial to Arctic Cat. so far very dependable and my dealer has been good to me also, but as one member points out there is good and bad in all of them

i have a garage full of quads have different brands also ... the polaris sportsman is a good choice for what you have said you will be doing ... i have 1 and its fuel injected and thats really nice in the winter ...arctic cat also makes a nice 500 ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dirtjunkie85
      Just wanted everyones opinon on riding glove I do long desert races and none of the glove i have wore seem to hold up really good they always wear fast and dont do much to prevent blisters any advice thanks.
    • By Ajmboy
      Got my Yamaha Grizzly buttoned up finally and went for a quick 2 hour ride in the power lines with my neighbor, who has a Yamaha Kodiak. We have access from his yard, which is nice. Was a beautiful day today to get out and will try to go more often. Ran into two other quad riders with a sportsman and I think grizzly. Also ran into a dirt bike rider. 😎

• By Dra O
      posted a while back - it was running at one point - I have all the plastic shroud off - it's down to frame and engine now
      -fuel pump: when line from petcock is attached, no fuel comes out other side to carb; the line to the carb is open (can blow through it); I thought when I cranked engine that the pump would spit out fuel on other side but it does not; I removed fuel pump and opened it up - diaphragm looks good - but internal areas had lotsa calcification build up - I cleaned this out and dried it good - the clear plastic pieces (?diaphragms) aren't broken - the spring w/ steel ball on end moves freely; am putting it back on tomorrow; but can anyone answer about the pump? isn't it supposed to pump fuel through it... to other side... to carb? puzzling
      -along with fuel pump: I replaced petcock 3 weeks ago (gas tank had rusty fuel in bottom - cleaned it out prior to new petcock); when I turn petcock arrow NOT to on or reserve, fuel comes out of line; when I turn it to on or reserve, fuel doesn't come out; puzzling
      -I don't know what's on back of fuel pump - it's a valve that has a hose coming out of it - looks like it goes to engine/carb - I haven't traced this out yet - what is it?
      -can squirt gas on air filter and engine will run for 2-3 seconds then stop - fuel in top of carb (under diaphragm) does same
      -it likely needs carb rebuild - will get to this - but something isn't allowing fuel to get from fuel pump to carb
      -I THINK it has a mikuni model x carb - diaphragm is ID 26mm  OD 68mm - hard to find inexpensive diaphragm, I guess because it's a model x
      -last thing - I replaced solenoid due to old one clicking; I HAVE to be charging the battery or it won't start/turn over - battery just goes dead; but if charging, it'll turn over nicely; i'm guessing it's a bad battery
      -any help appreciated - I've never owned an ATV before - inherited this beast from grandparent in-law
    • By dook
      I've been riding Suzuki Kingquad 300's for the last 20 years. I have 3 of them. I love the low gearing, low center of gravity, low rider position, low racks shaft drive and smooth ride, but they are getting old and I'm tired of fixing them. Best engineering of any utility quad, IMO, but the execution...build quality is not up to par with Honda, so the price you pay is lots of wrenching.
      I positively despise CVT type belt drives. My neighbor has a couple of old Hondas, Rancher and Rubicon and I admire the reliability of them. He does very little maintenance and they always run and have pulled my Kingquads home for me when they break.
      Is Honda the only company that makes ATV's that don't have CVT? I like the build quality but I don't like the high rider position caused by the vertical cylinder, the cold nature of them, having to warm up for several minutes and the plastic skid plates. I guess all modern ATV's have the same issues, though (correct me if I'm wrong).
      Been checking with the dealers, it seems Honda foot shift models are scarce. I really don't need devices/gadgets to decide which gear I need to be in. So I'm avoiding the DCT models. I must have IRS and EPS because of my age and physical condition though.
      Is it possible to get a Rancher with IRS, EPS and foot shift? The specs I'm reading show the rancher is 2" lower than the Rubicon. I'm assuming that to be seat height. With vertical cylinder design, the more you grow the engine, the higher you push the seat....at least that's my thinking.
      Any comments from the Honda experienced?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      Indicators that tell you to check your toe-in.
    • By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By buzzar56
      I am looking for a free repair manual for a 2003 Polaris sportsman 500 ho atv. all the posts on here lead me noplace
      thanks fred.
    • By txlora84
      I have a 110cc atv not sure of a brand its a Chinese model. I put on a new harness with cdi solenoid and all those. I have put a new starter on, and carburetor. I bypassed the start button cause it was just making the solenoid click. with the new button switch the atv will crank but not start. I tried to jump the solenoid and it did nothing. I am stumped. also I noticed gas leaking from the carburetor and when I took the filter off there was gas in it. I cleaned the carburetor and nothing was stuck or clogged. can someone help me out.
    • By WCRTeam
      New atv Edit - we love atv 2015
      Plz like and subscribe in youtube
      [ame]
      [/ame]